Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealership cleaned house

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 11:23 AM
LEGENDCHROME
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It happens, happened to me. One fine day after another stock market plunge the owner decides he needs to cut some overhead, Lay's off the parts manager (over 11 years experience and a member of the HD product consultation board) and me the service manager (7 years experience and receiver of all available Harley service accreditations and classes along with certifications in all other departments excluding finance). They also laid my lead service writer (also crossed trained and certified w/4 years experience) and two of my techs. Crazy days fella's, everyone looking to make a buck or save a buck. Why employ reliable,trained and knowledgeable people when you can make your son be general manager, sales manager, service writer and service manager all in one? I'm scarred for the consumers.....but I am getting some good riding time in when I'm out looking for a job

Old 06-24-2009, 11:52 AM
Wassup8687
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with asking. You probably wouldn't be the first to ask.

Old 06-24-2009, 12:00 PM
jmacdonald5
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

...I WISH! that would happen at my local dealership...(Monty's W. Bridgewater MA)...the original owner's daughters are ok...but they hired a bunch of snotty D-Bags for the counter years ago...and they GOTTA-GO!

Old 06-24-2009, 12:03 PM
n8dc
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by LEGENDCHROME
It happens, happened to me. One fine day after another stock market plunge the owner decides he needs to cut some overhead, Lay's off the parts manager (over 11 years experience and a member of the HD product consultation board) and me the service manager (7 years experience and receiver of all available Harley service accreditations and classes along with certifications in all other departments excluding finance). They also laid my lead service writer (also crossed trained and certified w/4 years experience) and two of my techs. Crazy days fella's, everyone looking to make a buck or save a buck. Why employ reliable,trained and knowledgeable people when you can make your son be general manager, sales manager, service writer and service manager all in one? I'm scarred for the consumers.....but I am getting some good riding time in when I'm out looking for a job
Your looking ? dont tell the state of michigan but i like working for them right now and since they arent making me actually show proof im enjoying not having to answer to anyone but the wife.. She is off this week and next and the grand daughter leaves friday so were gonna do some qt on the hd ... I did send out my resume to a place yesterday about 20 minutes away from here and since im really getting into not working ill bet they call me ... Iif I never had to work again or take an order from some azzhole salary dick id be a really happy guy .... I hope you find work..

Old 06-24-2009, 12:21 PM
LEGENDCHROME
Cruiser

I'm all for a vacation...believe me I havent hated every minute of it, but I'm only 28 and trying to keep the forward momentum going! I've been busy takin the dealers money though (me and the laid off techs...dealer charges $96 an hour and were at just above $50) helps out when things get thin! Enjoy the extra time with the granddaughter!

Old 06-24-2009, 12:32 PM
n8dc
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by LEGENDCHROME
I'm all for a vacation...believe me I havent hated every minute of it, but I'm only 28 and trying to keep the forward momentum going! I've been busy takin the dealers money though (me and the laid off techs...dealer charges $96 an hour and were at just above $50) helps out when things get thin! Enjoy the extra time with the granddaughter!

ya I will... I have no way anymore for extra income so with the wife still working and owning everything but her car and she has insurance for my heart meds were doing ok.. I really feel for the people that have house payments and car payments and no job.. Thats tough.. My only problem is i still spend too much so ive got to work on that.. Funny about you talking about the owners son doing everything.. after they axed me and a bunch of other people the hired the owners daughter to figure out where the money was going ? Actually posted it on the board !... This girl comes from a family of money and she has no ambition at all.. Oh well I look at it this way.. all the ****** that got me the permanent layoff have to go in every day . I dont

Old 06-24-2009, 01:17 PM
notlost_nc
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Did the new folks greet you with a hello or an hola ? When you call on the phone do you have to push ocho for parts dept ?

Old 06-24-2009, 02:30 PM
BigD64
Tourer

It wasn't Yankee Harley it was the "Hartford" area dealer. Owners own several bike and car dealerships. A former employee told me that the owners hired a new upper level management team overseeing all the dealerships who were for lack of a better term "dicks". Everybody bailed on them. One good girl went to work for Yankee.

Old 06-24-2009, 02:38 PM
big_al
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sometimes you have to go back to the drawing board. People become complaicent and think that they are above the law and the the dealer needs them. My experience in the automotive for over 23 years has been just that there is only one person who is right all the time that is the customer right or wrong you take care of them if not someone else will. some people think because they have been working for you for x amount of years that they can do anything they want well guess what it is my way or the highway and in this times with so much unemployment there is no reason for any business owner to settle for shitty employees or irresponsible employees plenty of great people unemployed right now looking to work.

Old 06-24-2009, 03:21 PM
Red98RoadKing
Intermediate

Worked at a local HD store in F&I. Thought I had my pay plan all figured out but it seems they don't want to pay the pay plan. Not sure how that works but it didn't for me. I was told a "trained monkey" could do the job..... told him I quit, he freaked out because I was the only one there at the time because of a medical issue of the other F&I person. He said so this is your weeks ntice? I said no, I gotta go right a way banana shopping.

Ended up working for 1 day more but it was $500 plus commission, trained monkey my a**!

Quick Reply: Dealership cleaned house