Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealership cleaned house

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 07:36 AM
Dennydp
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 4 Posts

Some owners do it in hard times to cut costs-hire cheaper help

Old 06-24-2009, 08:02 AM
KoalaCowboy
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you dealt with one particular person @ the Parts counter, you could ask someone "Hey, where is 'x'" and perhaps find out what happened.

Old 06-24-2009, 08:09 AM
RoadKingLou
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got to be something deeper. Probably bought out and the new owner hired his own crew. Or else the original owner found out he had partners he didnt know about. lol

Old 06-24-2009, 08:15 AM
n8dc
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

they did it where i work also.. hired a new young punk. he blew sunshine up the owners azz and got all his friends hired in even with the economy in the toilet and no work.. Cost me a perfectly good job.. Ill think about him while im swimming at the lake with the grand daughter today maybe some more while I take her for a ride on the glide this afternoon too ...

Old 06-24-2009, 08:16 AM
StreetGlider56
Road Warrior

Maybe there in the back unpacking the 2010's

Old 06-24-2009, 09:18 AM
pte359
Tourer

In a 100 % customer driven business the owner may have gotten tired of complaints about rude , non caring employees and did a spring cleaning.

Old 06-24-2009, 09:42 AM
silverbullitt
Road Captain

That happened here at our local dealership. With the exception of one A-hole, all new crew. No more attitudes. Now they WANT your business. New owner. If someone doesn't act right, they are gone.

Old 06-24-2009, 10:09 AM
comaman2
Banned

faces change at our local dealership all the time,i dont trust anybody there,thier service manager needs his teeth knocked out hes always right and the customer dont know chit,I have been riding bikes for along time and i am able to keep them running with out the help of my local dealer.and for the prices they charge you to have some incompetent kid work on your bike i could do a complete rebuild using s&s parts after just a couple of oil changes!!!!! just saying!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-24-2009, 10:37 AM
keltonkrew
Road Master

I guess I"m just really fortunate as the dealer where I bought both bikes are awesome...always the same faces...svc dept seems to actually care about the customer...took my bike into them for the jiffy stand bracket....I had 5100 miles on the scoot. He asked about 5K svc and I said I already performed it. He looked my bike over well, ran his finger behind AC cover to check for oil, checked tire pressures, belt tension, etc....said...yup, your bike is A1 top condition. we'll get the bracket on while you wait! even though they've never done any svc to it, he said they check over each bike like that so if theres an issue, the owner knows and can make a decision on options.

dealer is Independece Harley in College Station!

Old 06-24-2009, 10:56 AM
ajpuck
Advanced

I know what you mean! I had developed some friendships with the people at the dealership where bought my EGC. Then it started! It seems that each week there are new faces on the sales floor, motorclothes, parts, and service. It doesn't pay to get close to anyone there because they may not be there next week. Don't know why there is such frequent turn over at this dealership. The owner must be a real S.O.B.

Quick Reply: Dealership cleaned house