Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bagger down

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 10:02 PM
fathertime
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default bagger down

about 2 hrs ago i was on my way to the dealer to drop my bike off for a small fairing adjustment..(cocked to the right) and the reflash of the ecm to keep the idle correct...so bout a block from the dealer a old lady is pokeing her front end out of a local wholesale grocery outlet.. i slow and make eye contact (i think)..she appears to stop and i take a gentle curve to the left of the center line to give her lots of room..she pulls directly into me...i take a piece out of her frt bumper..leaned as hard as i could, but caught her with my right crash bar and floor board..bike did two end for's and i landed on my back about 35 feet from the bike..its f######...i am so pissed i can not even convey my feelings rt now..135km on speedo..all winter doing mods..second day of riding this season.. now the drama begins..cops did not even want to respond because i was able to walk (no injurys)..i freaked out and demanded a cop and amulance..at least then she wont have all night to work on a story..by the way she was 78 years old..every piece of the bike has damage..frame has bent mounts where crash bars attach..i am mobile, bruised, bent , and more pissed off than i can covey!!!!

Attached Thumbnails bagger down-bag-extensions-004.jpg  
Old 06-23-2009, 10:07 PM
weezo
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry, that really sucks. I thought all the bad drivers were here in Kali.

Old 06-23-2009, 10:08 PM
ronorr44
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That really sucks. Make sure you do wht you can to get her licenses taken away!!!!

Old 06-23-2009, 10:22 PM
TheShrink
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad you're ok Bro!

Old 06-23-2009, 10:34 PM
hog95023
Elite HDF Member
Received 161 Likes on 106 Posts

That is terrible. I am glad you are ok. I had a vehicle pull out of a church parking lot in front of me on Sunday. Almost hit me. I stopped at the next traffic light and was going to engage them but noticed it was an elderly male and female so I let it be.

Old 06-23-2009, 10:37 PM
hotshot
Tourer

It stinks but at least the bike can be replaced, you can't. Be thankful (I know, that's a tall order right now) that you weren't seriously hurt.

A new bike will help all your feelings......

I'm glad your ok.... just sore and battered.

BTW, I had an elderly lady almost take my wife and I out about a month ago. She crossed two lanes of traffic, the center turn lane and then stopped dead still in front of us blocking two lanes of traffic. It was a 55mph zone and we were the only vehicle on that side of the traffic. I locked up, got stopped, then she casually moved on off the road to the Plant Nursery to get her a new flower or hedge for her yard. Being a Christian, I held my breath, counted to maybe two, then yelled..... HEY LADY, YOU ALMOST KILLED US ! She never batted an eye.

Drive safe and no they never see you.

Last edited by hotshot; 06-23-2009 at 10:41 PM.
Old 06-23-2009, 11:02 PM
HD REBEL
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am sick of hearing about people to old to drive mowing down bikers and pedestrians from poor judgment and forgeting which peddle is the brake. They cant even walk, how are the allowed to drive. You've got to know when its time to hang up the key. Hope you and your bike will recover!

Old 06-23-2009, 11:13 PM
centershots
Advanced

I hate hearing stories like that, upsets me to no end... too many bikers get hurt from some numb-nut of any age behind the wheel of a cage...

Old 06-23-2009, 11:19 PM
jeff.georgalas
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree with HDrebel wholeheartedly. I understand nobody wants to give up their "freedom", and accept that "it's time", but c'mon, when it's time it's time. Is their freedom more important than other people's lives or property?

Old 06-23-2009, 11:49 PM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

sorry about the bad news

Quick Reply: bagger down