Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SERG CVO Envy

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 11:28 AM
ncbeast
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SERG CVO Envy

I have a 2008 Dark Blue Pearl Road Glide with ABS that I bought a little over a year ago. Loved it at first and then was kicking myself that I did not wait a couple of months for the 09's to come out. I have done a few things to it (CV+2 shield, Corbin Gunfighter seat, SG rear fascia, removed the grab bar with Shotgun LEDs, removed rear turnsignal bar and mounted license plate below and SE headlight bezel) and just doing little stuff a little at a time since I am on a budget. I am very tall and will be add more things for comfort like lowers and extended floorboards and taller bars.

Went to one of the local dealer on Saturday and saw a SERG Silver and Black and sat on it and it fit like a glove even with the stoack seat. It sat a little higher, the bars felt taller and the floorboards even seemed further forward. With everything on it there would not be much more to do other than adding a taller shield, different baffles and maybe a PCV, and lowers, so another $1000 and you are done forever. (if you do not want a tourpack)

Man I just really fell in love with it and for about $10000 more that seems like a deal. I know the CVO's used to be hard to come by but I think in today's economy it is easier. This dealer had many and 4 SERGs. Seriously thinking about seeing if they will come down any on the price and maybe try to sell mine outright and see if I could get the SERG. Just wondering how much my payment is going to go up and how much the insurance will go up since it is a SERG. I put $6000 down on mine and have made 14 payments so I hope I will be in pretty good shape.

Or do I wait a few years to see if they come out with a SERG water cooled?

Always wanting something better, shame on me.

Old 06-22-2009, 11:32 AM
Twinrider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Sounds like you haven't invested a lot of $$$ in customizing your RG. Why not chuck it up on Craig's list and see what kind of deal you can get on a trade-in? Doesn't hurt to try.

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a water-cooled big twin from HD, but there are rumors about a V4....

Old 06-22-2009, 11:59 AM
DeafUltra
Elite HDF Member
Received 119 Likes on 83 Posts

Another CVO SERG envy here...Want that Orange and Black one. Price doesn't justify me though. My Ultra will do and does me many wonders even it doesn't live or meet up to SE expectations.

Thorey

Old 06-22-2009, 12:01 PM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

The '09 Screamin Eagle Silver Road Glide is probably the best looking bike Harley has ever made.

That being said, they aren't going to make the Road Glide in 2010.
We will know for sure what HD is doing on July 21st.

My dealer is a hard headed ***** and sold his SERG CVO for $3,000 over MSRP......and it was the Orange one.

Old 06-22-2009, 12:09 PM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,132 Likes on 1,030 Posts

Well think about it. If you trade bikes now, in a year or two at best, the one you trade for now will be old and out of date again. It is really hard to stay happy with what you have these days. I think it is all "FIXED" to be that way!----- Anyway good luck which ever way ya go!!!

Old 06-22-2009, 01:13 PM
rocknrod
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I dont know bro. You look in the magazines everywhere and the older bikes are being profiled. Thats due to alot of time and effort being put into them. I wouldnt start another payment, and it will NEVER be less for less time. You have a nearly new bike now.
Sales are successful due to emotional decisions.
Take a breather for awahile. The fever will go away.
You have a nice bike now.

Old 06-22-2009, 01:23 PM
ncbeast
Road Master

I know, I know.....Have to stay away from the dealers!!!!!

Old 06-22-2009, 02:07 PM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I'll give ya 14,000 for that ol outdated 08 ya have

Old 06-22-2009, 03:10 PM
meintel
Cruiser

I'll let you give me $5,000 to take it off your hands so you can get a new one.

Old 06-22-2009, 03:42 PM
crackitopen
Cruiser

If it makes you feel any better I took a test ride on an 2009 CVO for only 15 miles and it nearly fried my right leg off. WTF.

Quick Reply: SERG CVO Envy