Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ultra Classic Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2006 | 07:57 PM
2005UltraNC
Road Master
Default RE: Ultra Classic Exhaust

Also looking for suggestions.

How loud are those 3" T-Rex's? They look nice. Also, did the true duals help with the heat around the rear head? (Thigh heat?)

I went from the stock exhaust on my stock Ultra to the "Touring Exhaust" (trying to stay legal). A bit louder than stock.

But now, looking for a little deeper note/bark - suggestions welcomed? Don't want something extreme.

Thanks

Old 05-18-2006 | 08:02 PM
rollover
Road Captain

Bounty has the Hard Krome T-Rex true duals on his bike. These are the same pipes that are going on my bike tomorrow as they just finished changing out the injectors. They said I could take the bike now but thought I would give them until tomorrow morning to wash and detail it as it went there clean and I expect it back the same way. The pipes are supposed to be real loud so if you are looking for quiet, these are probably not for you. Man I can't wait to get these things on.

Old 05-18-2006 | 08:28 PM
alazlo
Road Master

Can't beat a thunderheader if you are going for performance.. They are lacking in looks Dept and they are so noisy they are annoying....

Old 05-19-2006 | 12:59 AM
Pauljr
Cruiser

And you can also use them for a potato gun in the off season.
ORIGINAL: bountyhunter

Here we go again! Forget the crap stock exhaust/slip-ons. Put on a REAL true dual system and totally eliminate clamps forever. Combine styling/design/performance/sound, you and your ride will be happier!

Old 05-19-2006 | 01:12 AM
kirtapp
Advanced

I have Samson's on mine and I think they are perfect! Not too loud .. but definately gives it that harley sound.

Old 05-19-2006 | 01:57 AM
Teufelhunden
Road Captain

D&D Fatcat, is there another type of pipe??????

Teu

Old 05-19-2006 | 02:51 AM
100yrfatboy
Road Captain

A true Rhinehart true dual fan here!

Old 05-19-2006 | 10:29 AM
mrghos
Road Master

ORIGINAL: 2005UltraNC

Also looking for suggestions.

How loud are those 3" T-Rex's? They look nice. Also, did the true duals help with the heat around the rear head? (Thigh heat?)

I went from the stock exhaust on my stock Ultra to the "Touring Exhaust" (trying to stay legal). A bit louder than stock.

But now, looking for a little deeper note/bark - suggestions welcomed? Don't want something extreme.

Thanks
Another suggestion might be the Rush Slip On's. I had them put on my EG Standard and they have a very deep throaty sound. If you research them go with the 2.5 baffles. The other ones are fine but you will want more like I did. I got the straight cut pipes to keep my clean look on the bike... It's not a true dual system like Bounty's bike exhaust just slip on's. Perfect for me and the sound is great but not obnoxious. You can also order different baffles to change your sound and the baffles are only like 50 bucks. Do a search for "rush pipes" or "rush slip on's" and you will see a link to their website where you can hear the different baffles.

Old 05-19-2006 | 11:26 AM
Loch
Tourer

I just put a set of Wild Pigs on my Ultra last night. The ride into work this morning was GREAT! She sounds like a Harley now, but not obnoxiously loud. I do plan on touring with this bike so I needed the sound to be a reasonable level.

Old 05-19-2006 | 12:08 PM
twohats
Cruiser

I am running Pythons and VH tru duals.at first i wasn't sure about them but now with 3k on them they sound great now....

Quick Reply: Ultra Classic Exhaust