Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ipod dash mount?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2009 | 03:24 PM
cuda67bnl
|
Outstanding HDF Member
Default ipod dash mount?

Anyone make an ipod mount for the dash of a RK? I rode 200 miles today, up to Tallulah Gorge and back, and took my daughter's ipod with me. I don't think I'll give it back to her now........ Riding with tunes is nice! I'd love to have speakers on my bike, but don't like the looks of the ones I've seen so far that hang on the handlebars. I don't mind wearing the earbuds, unless I find a speaker package that looks clean on the bike. I just put the ipod in my shirt pocket today, and it worked okay. But I was thinking it would be nice to have it mounted on the dash over that stupid screw...... Does anyone make such a contraption? Or will I need to fabricate my own?

Old 06-21-2009 | 03:50 PM
coach127
Tourer

I was thinking about this yesterday. What would it cost to have a machine shop build what you want and have it chromed to look like everything else on the bars.

Old 06-21-2009 | 04:06 PM
Minglewood
Advanced

I have a radio on my bike and never use it. My Klipsh Image 3 earbuds produce super-high fidelity music -- much better than any vehicle system can produce -- and serve as my ear protection. Assuming you use some ear protection, any radio speaker is going to sound less than optimal.

Old 06-21-2009 | 04:23 PM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member

Velcro!!!

Old 06-21-2009 | 05:27 PM
gilbos440rt
Road Warrior

Could always mount one up at the bars and run your line under the tank to the front of the seat, then just pull it out and plug in, work your i-pod controls with your thumb and wouldn't have to take your eyes off the road as much either.

Damn i-Pods are nice though! Your Cuda a notchback or fastback? I have a 68 notchbach (or should say my baby girl does )

Attached Thumbnails ipod dash mount?-xxxracingsfattie3rdgen3-2.jpg  

Last edited by gilbos440rt; 06-21-2009 at 05:29 PM.
Old 06-21-2009 | 05:45 PM
cuda67bnl
|
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by gilbos440rt
Could always mount one up at the bars and run your line under the tank to the front of the seat, then just pull it out and plug in, work your i-pod controls with your thumb and wouldn't have to take your eyes off the road as much either.
Didn't really want to add nothing to the bars. Not real concerned with working controls either. Just turn it on and go. I think I have an idea for a dash mount, without velcro. I'd post pics when I get it tested.

Originally Posted by gilbos440rt
Your Cuda a notchback or fastback? I have a 68 notchbach (or should say my baby girl does )
Notchback!
Fastbacks suck......

Old 06-21-2009 | 05:56 PM
GodFather
Cruiser

My advice would be to get the new ipod shuffle. Its a 4gb and its very tiny. You can clip it to a belt loop, run the ear phone cords under your shirt and there you have it. Plus it has the vol and pause controls on the cord itself which makes it easy to mute when you come to a stop light and need to talk to someone.

I highly recommend one.

Old 06-21-2009 | 06:18 PM
backdoc_rider
Tourer

Just buy an ultra!!! You know you want to!

Honestly, I have gotten hooked on having tunes on the bike. I love it. I was quite happy with my yammie road star, but all the amenities on the Ultra make me glad I made the move.

The radio and speaker package HD sells looks pretty slick and would mount right up on a RK and not look bad at all IMO.

Old 06-21-2009 | 07:24 PM
jandt
Cruiser
Default made my own mp3 mount

Made my own as no one makes one i liked for a Sansa Fuse. Didnt think it would be to difficult and i like how it turned out. Cost me less then ten bucks chrome and all.

Attached Thumbnails ipod dash mount?-dsc01231.jpg  
Old 06-21-2009 | 08:01 PM
Bushy
Road Warrior

I have the Aux jack for I_Pod touch and MP3 going so I;m ok, I_pod touch holds 1500 songs... Mp3s in tour pack for that gas stop with a stretch

Quick Reply: ipod dash mount?