Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sirius radio -Which one should I purchase?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 04:28 PM
Anthony8858
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went with the Pioneer Xmp3 player. It charges when mounted, and adds portability.
Also records favorite satellite tunes, AND holds 8gb of Mp3 music.
I take the bike to a park, and take the tunes with me.

Old 06-21-2009, 04:43 PM
backdoc_rider
Tourer

I did a search
found which receivers can be plugged in with a direct fm connection. Wanted to avoid the aux port in front

Old 06-21-2009, 07:19 PM
KoalaCowboy
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by hogowner69
when you use the DC connector in the cig lighter...does it get in the way of turning????
Not at all...I just finished a great 325 mile ride through the mountains with plenty of twists and turns...

Old 06-21-2009, 07:27 PM
THABULL
Road Master

Originally Posted by KoalaCowboy
Not at all...I just finished a great 325 mile ride through the mountains with plenty of twists and turns...
At full lock to the left mine hit the tank , got it hardwired now!

Old 06-22-2009, 10:10 AM
Harleynole
Tourer

Bump!

Old 06-23-2009, 07:18 PM
backdoc_rider
Tourer

Originally Posted by Anthony8858
I went with the Pioneer Xmp3 player. It charges when mounted, and adds portability.
Also records favorite satellite tunes, AND holds 8gb of Mp3 music.
I take the bike to a park, and take the tunes with me.

How's the reception on that? I have read conflicting reports. Do you use the built in antenna when riding?

Old 06-24-2009, 12:43 PM
clanker24
Novice

Originally Posted by Heath
It you get a MP3 cord...I think that's what it's called, at your local radio shack, it plug into you FM receiver port on your mount and then plugs into the aux. port on the front of your radio. Then select Aux on radio instead of FM, CD, etc.. now you have a direct link. It's great. My truck used the antenna too and it sucks.
Does this cord go in the fm receiver port or the audio out port on your sirius? I'm going to get the motorcycle kit & would like to go in the mp3 port on the front of the radio instead of using the fm.

Old 06-24-2009, 12:56 PM
backdoc_rider
Tourer

Originally Posted by clanker24
Does this cord go in the fm receiver port or the audio out port on your sirius? I'm going to get the motorcycle kit & would like to go in the mp3 port on the front of the radio instead of using the fm.
Yes, that's right. It goes in the AUX port. I don't want to have a wire dangling there though. You can get a direct connect that connects to your FM antenna port behind the radio. Then the FM antenna from the bike plugs into that. It is a great setup. To my ears sounds just as good and you have NO problem with FM interference. You could pick an FM station and park right next to the transmitter tower and you would still get no interference. That way all the wires go down the handlebar and into the fairing. Much cleaner IMO.

Old 06-24-2009, 01:23 PM
CHGO5OH
Tourer

bump!

Old 06-24-2009, 01:46 PM
clanker24
Novice

Originally Posted by backdoc_rider
Yes, that's right. It goes in the AUX port. I don't want to have a wire dangling there though. You can get a direct connect that connects to your FM antenna port behind the radio. Then the FM antenna from the bike plugs into that. It is a great setup. To my ears sounds just as good and you have NO problem with FM interference. You could pick an FM station and park right next to the transmitter tower and you would still get no interference. That way all the wires go down the handlebar and into the fairing. Much cleaner IMO.

What I need to know is what port on the sirius do I hook it in to if I am going into the aux port on the front of my radio

Quick Reply: Sirius radio -Which one should I purchase?