Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got my seat back from Mean City Cycles

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2009, 11:31 PM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Got my seat back from Mean City Cycles

I sent off my stock ’09 Street Glide seat to Mean City Cycles. I told them “I wanted the most comfortable seat I could get and still keep the stock Street Glide looks”. They recommended the “double decker modification ($140)” I thought they would stick me with all the mods possible for around $300 or so, but they didn’t. Allen said “I can keep the seat looking perfectly stock but you will be able to ride all day and night on it”. The wife never rides with me so I didn't have to do anything on the rear section.

The seat looks stock alright and I really didn’t think the first sitting on it was gonna do anything different. Well today I went for a short ride in 98 degree East Texas humidity for about 160 miles and my azz is fine. When I got home my azz felt like it did before I took off. I know 160 mile ride isn’t a true all day test, but so far I am pleasantly pleased. Usually I can tell 'tail bone trouble' is about to happen in about 60 miles or so.

I will give a further analisis after I go on my typical Sunday 300 mile ride.
(tommorrow is fathers day so it may be next week, I'll let y'all know)

Old 06-20-2009, 11:49 PM
budnlucy
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had mine done from a guy who lives by me. He had a setup at a local bike show. Got one of his cards. Went down to his house last friday and he did my seat right then. Custom fit my stock seat and added gel front and back for $200.00. Way cheaper then a new seat. I wanted to keep the stock seat cause I like the look of it. It only took him about one hour to do.

Old 06-21-2009, 12:09 AM
oldbagr
Road Master

I had Mean City lower mine one inch, narrow it at the horn, and add memory foam for the rider and the passenger. Got it back last week and I am very impressed with their work. Looks stock, sits great, and my legs easily straddle the frame. Haven't been able to do a long ride yet but it feels much better than stock.

Old 06-21-2009, 02:00 AM
ArkiKen
Advanced

I had Mean City lower my 07 RK seat 2" and move me 1" forward. Got my seat back looks stock but sure feels more comfortable. Only prob. was FedEx delivered it to the wrong add. Brent at Mean City contacted FedEx and helped me get my seat.
My opinion THESE GUYS ARE TOP NOTCH.

Old 06-21-2009, 08:38 AM
jamesrgarner
Road Captain

+1 on MCC - this is the second seat they've done for me; I rode 1000 miles last weekend without a bit of pain;other than engine heat toasting my right bun. The guys at MC are easy to work with, quick turn around and will not rip you off.

Old 06-21-2009, 08:42 AM
Boo67
Outstanding HDF Member

+1 on MCC. They do a great job and have a quick turn around.

Old 06-21-2009, 02:58 PM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

I'm not sure what you guys mean by quick turn around. I agree that they do what they say. They told me June 15th was my date and at 9:30 a.m. on June 15th they called me and said my seat was done. YIPPIE !!!

That seems to be a rarity these days. Well in East Texas it doesn't happen very often, that people will do it when they say they will and have it done. They either over book (afraid to turn anything down) or they decide to go huntin' or fishin'.

When I bought my '08 Street Glide last year I had about $3,000 worth of stuff to put on before I picked it up. They waited a week to get started, then they waited until Friday of that week to put it up on the lift and take the front end off (for the chrome front end). Of course they didn't get it done on Saturday, I thought oh well maybe next Tuesday. Then I was informed that my mechanic went on a scheduled 2 week vacation.

But that's another rant. These Mean City Cycle guys are great.

Old 06-21-2009, 03:32 PM
Boo67
Outstanding HDF Member

[quote=Texas Fat Boy;5166983]I'm not sure what you guys mean by quick turn around. quote]
By quick turn around I mean exactly what you just said: They tell you the date to have it there, they actually work on it ON that date, and get it back out to you the same or next day. No waiting around.

Old 06-21-2009, 04:58 PM
medic1555
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had my (non-HD) bike seat done a few years ago by Mean City. At the time I thought all he did was metrics. Now I see he does them all. It's good to know that when I finally settle on which HD I want that Mean City will be there to make my butt feel good (you know what I mean).

Old 06-21-2009, 05:42 PM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,132 Likes on 1,030 Posts

I love it when someone actually does what they say they will, when they say they will. You surely do not see that much anymore these days. I think I may send these people some business. ----- Thanks for the thread gentlemen.

Quick Reply: Got my seat back from Mean City Cycles