Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RG owners Clearview Med./Cee Bailey Euro

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 08:39 AM
DRAFT1
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by greginNH
I am 6'-0" 32" inseam. I have a 16" Cee Baileys Euro. The buffeting is driving me crazy. I am going to try the 18"
I would like to know how this turns out. I wish I could see photo of 17" and 18" windshield on a bike. As far as wind, I'm not getting that much and the radio is audible at speed. Sounds like you are getting that same harmonic vibration as I am getting. It actually makes my face itch.

Old 06-21-2009, 09:23 AM
roadglider1
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm 6'5" 35 inseam. I purchased the 15 inch Euro and talk about buffeting. LOL
I ordered the 17 inch Euro which should be here Monday. I will let you know.

Old 06-21-2009, 09:36 AM
gilbos440rt
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Do they make a 18" euro now? I started out with the 2" over Clearview on my Road Glide it had the mail slot vent which only seemed to help with backdrafting on my bike (wouldn't order it again on one) that shield with the lowers was hands down the best one I've had on my bike (shield did cut across my vision line with two up perfect solo though) and would be the choice for a really long ride! I then tried a blem Clearview in stock height and while not as good as the 2"over was still very good, I now have a 15" dark gray Euro on mine (tried a 12" flare, Brutal wind noise!!!!!) protection is pretty good for a shield this size noise is higher then with either Clearview but not like the flair It's a good 200 miler in my book I can still hear the radio, just not as good as with the Clearview's. I'd like to try the 16" euro once I find a dark gray one used! By the way I'm 6'2" with a 34' inseam hope this helped you some, one other note to anyone checking on getting a clearview shield, don't be afraid of getting one of their Blem's, they describ them very well and really on the blem I bought I never could fine the fine scratches they said were on there!!!

Old 06-21-2009, 06:43 PM
FunkyNova66
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My wife and I just got back from a 500 mile trip so I can give some feedback. We drove from Raleigh NC to Richmond VA in one day. I am 5'11" with a 32 inseam. My wife is 5'4" or so...

I currently have a 09 Road Glide with the stock seat, hard lower fairings, 8" klockwerks solid black low profile windshield. I get a turbulent wind like what you would experience in a jeep with the top down but it is, by no means, a direct head on wind (the kind that wears you down riding). Like stated above, wind is good as long as it's not the pounding wind especially on these 100 deg days. My wife even said it was night and day difference between this bike and the last softail. We are not even tired after riding 3.5 hrs straight. Like I said, it doesn't block the wind quite like a factory shield but it doesn't have that spooky buffeting feel. Anyways, I'm sure there may be better windshields (Cee Bailey's being one but it may beat your passenger up with the angle of the shield (not sure but just my thoughts).

my2cents.

Old 06-21-2009, 07:09 PM
FunkyNova66
Road Master

I would like to also mention that we were driving down I-85 at 80 MPH and hit some brief periods of heavy rain and I must say that I was very shocked with how much this low profile shield moved the rain over us. I got a little rain if I was sitting upright so I leaned down behind the shield and my wife leaned down behind me. I turned around to ask my wife if she wanted to pull over and she laughed and said no. I didn't get any rain in the face and neither did she. The fairing and lower shields kept us dry. I must say I was amazed what this little shield does. Again, this is just me....I don't need to feel like I'm in a bubble when riding a motorcycle.

I have never had any buffeting from this shield. I ride my buddy's Road glide with the stock windshield and I can't even read the road signs or hardly see the cars in front of me from all the buffeting effect. LOL.

Old 06-21-2009, 07:12 PM
FunkyNova66
Road Master

Let me know how these new Cee Bailey shields turn out. Appearently, they can also cause buffeting....

Old 06-21-2009, 07:38 PM
Aslan
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm 5' 10" . The Clearview GT Small is perfect for me.
Nice protection. Good view of the road ahead. Enough wind to keep me comfortable in the hot weather. My sun glasses don't bounce around anymore.

Old 06-21-2009, 11:27 PM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member

I have done a search and read every thread about RG windshields.

DID you read this one ? I have spent about $700 getting a windshield that suits me perfectly and isn't so God awful looking ...The Clearview +2 is it for me. Also have Hogg Chopps lowers, fork baffle installed and C&C or Mustang Solo seat. 6'2", 32" inseam and 290#...My experimenting is over!

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...pressions.html

Old 06-22-2009, 03:26 AM
LTBiker
Road Captain
Received 80 Likes on 48 Posts

Here's a picture of my '09 with the Clearview GT XL with recurve; got it for my passenger's benefit. I'm 5'10" with 32" inseam, and get good protection, but I REALLY dislike what the sheer size of the shield does to the look/lines of the bike. And, I definitely notice the bike tends to want to wander around at highway speeds with the additional wind the big shield is catching. If anyone has tried the new Windvest RG shield, would appreciate your comments.

Old 06-22-2009, 08:30 AM
fripple
Road Warrior

How tall is the stock RG shield? What size does it compare to in the Euro and Clearview?

Quick Reply: RG owners Clearview Med./Cee Bailey Euro