Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

They arrived...

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2006, 11:41 AM
venture33
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default They arrived...

I just couldn't take rideing in stealth mode any longer. Stock mufflers are TOO quiet.
East Perf delivered a pair of V&H Oval slip-ons. I'll have time to install them tomorrow.
I've a few questions for the group. My near term plans are as follows (note-timeing of mods are limited by $$$):

1. Install slip-ons, ride and enjoy! Is this install as simple as I think? I'll likely be doing this twice.
2. Upgrade to SE A/C and PC III. Download and load canned map.
3. Add V&H True Duals and then dyno.

Other expences such as Sundowner seat, rider backrest, fullface helmet, mail order bride, etc. will be incurred along the way.

Once again, based on a limited budget, does this approach sound reasonable?
Should I go ahead and get the True Duals now, and only install the muffflers once? If I do, will this require remapping?

Any advise, guidence, or smart **** comments welcomed.
TIA...Marty

Old 05-18-2006, 11:47 AM
Bill918
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: They arrived...

Marty,
Sounds like a pretty good game plan to me. I am running the oval slip ons and love them, they sound better over time. I did the slip ons, A/C, and Dyno at the same time. This winter I am planning on doing a 95 kit, polish & port, cam, and true duals. I will do this all the same time because I will have to have it dyno tuned when done and only want to pay for that once.

Old 05-18-2006, 11:49 AM
bountyhunter
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Duals, air kit, PCIII, dyno tune. Get it done!

Old 05-18-2006, 12:04 PM
venture33
Road Master

Thanks bountyhunter, I wish I could spend my money as fast as YOU can spend my $$$. LOL

Old 05-18-2006, 12:20 PM
venture33
Road Master

Bill,
Glad you like the Ovals. I'm looking forward to a little H-D rumble. As it is now, I can barely hear the engine in 4th or 5th over the wind noise. RK Custom has no tach. I hate shifting into 5th twice...doh. [:@]

Old 05-18-2006, 01:14 PM
vernh59
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Sounds like a plan and should sound great. I like dealing with eastern Performance. Great service and pretty good prices too. I'll be back.

Old 05-18-2006, 03:24 PM
Primo
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: venture33

I just couldn't take rideing in stealth mode any longer. Stock mufflers are TOO quiet.
East Perf delivered a pair of V&H Oval slip-ons. I'll have time to install them tomorrow.
I've a few questions for the group. My near term plans are as follows (note-timeing of mods are limited by $$$):

1. Install slip-ons, ride and enjoy! Is this install as simple as I think? I'll likely be doing this twice.
2. Upgrade to SE A/C and PC III. Download and load canned map.
3. Add V&H True Duals and then dyno.

Other expences such as Sundowner seat, rider backrest, fullface helmet, mail order bride, etc. will be incurred along the way.

Once again, based on a limited budget, does this approach sound reasonable?
Should I go ahead and get the True Duals now, and only install the muffflers once? If I do, will this require remapping?

Any advise, guidence, or smart **** comments welcomed.
TIA...Marty

Pretty sound plan Marty.

Do it in stages as your budget allows. The Ovals sound great. You should love them. True duals will only enhance and balance out the sound.

Not a big task so installing twice is no big deal.

Sundowner is definitely the way to go.

Here's something to think about though: If you do a lot of solo riding consider the solo seat and pillion for interchangeability. I bought the two up seat and loved it but found that I spent most of my time solo riding so switched to the solo and pillion. Lost a little money by buying in essence the same seat twice but I was able to give a service member on the site here a good deal on my two up so all was not lost. Separately the solo and pillion are a little more $ than the 2 up seat but my Street Glide looks sick with just the solo showing some rear fender.

Also if you aren't planning any future engine mods you might want to think of V&H's Fuel Pak since you will be using their pipes.

Love the RK Customs!

Primo
P.S. Not the best pic but here's mine with the solo as well as the 2 up in my sig shot.

[IMG]local://upfiles/1293/83754FDA791647BF9BB8F70A40FACE3B.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-18-2006, 04:09 PM
wingt50dw
Road Master

ORIGINAL: vernh59

Sounds like a plan and should sound great. I like dealing with eastern Performance. Great service and pretty good prices too. I'll be back.
Good Plan...Eastern performance is great to deal with!

Old 05-18-2006, 05:05 PM
venture33
Road Master

vernh59 & wingt50dw,
I agree...east perf was easy to deal with.
Rapid email replies/follow-up, and UPS shipping only took 2 days.
I'll buy from them again.
And thanks for the votes of confidence. Hate to work in a vaccuum.

Old 05-20-2006, 01:03 PM
venture33
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Primo

Pretty sound plan Marty.

Do it in stages as your budget allows. The Ovals sound great. You should love them. True duals will only enhance and balance out the sound.

Not a big task so installing twice is no big deal.

Sundowner is definitely the way to go.

Here's something to think about though: If you do a lot of solo riding consider the solo seat and pillion for interchangeability. I bought the two up seat and loved it but found that I spent most of my time solo riding so switched to the solo and pillion. Lost a little money by buying in essence the same seat twice but I was able to give a service member on the site here a good deal on my two up so all was not lost. Separately the solo and pillion are a little more $ than the 2 up seat but my Street Glide looks sick with just the solo showing some rear fender.

Also if you aren't planning any future engine mods you might want to think of V&H's Fuel Pak since you will be using their pipes.

Love the RK Customs!

Primo
P.S. Not the best pic but here's mine with the solo as well as the 2 up in my sig shot.

[IMG]local://upfiles/1293/83754FDA791647BF9BB8F70A40FACE3B.jpg[/IMG]
Thanks Primo,

Checked the H-D wish book and couldn't find the SD solo for a RK Custom. That bike is excluded from seats that fit the other RK's.
Anybody know why? Or am I just missing something.

Quick Reply: They arrived...