Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ISO grips glue

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 09:54 AM
BEN-Z
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ISO grips glue

Hello guys, I just got my iso grips yesterday & installed it, the problem is the glue that included on the grips is all dried up. is there a particular glue that i could get from a local auto shop/hardware that can hold the new grips.
I dont want to call kuryakyn & wait for their glue.

Thanks & have a safe ride

Old 06-19-2009, 09:57 AM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

The glue on my left ISO grip gave out after two years and I used Gorillla glue to put it back on. Just don't use a ton of it and you'll be all set.

Old 06-19-2009, 10:02 AM
Rattle Can
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just go pick up some gel super glue. Make sure it's the gel style. When I have installed those in the past I have run circles of it around the diameter of the bar at the bar end, put it on heavy, and then tapered the gel toward the switch housing end. Then when I slid the grip on I twisted it on to completely cover the inside of the grip you may even work it back and forth a little until the glue starts to set, then squeeze the rubber parts of the grip and it should set up fine.

Old 06-19-2009, 10:05 AM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 280 Likes on 215 Posts

Gorilla Glue worked fine for me ... The Kuryakin Glue came loose of the Left grip But had no problems with right at least so far...

Old 06-19-2009, 12:02 PM
Peppa1
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by JayStronghawk
Gorilla Glue worked fine for me ... The Kuryakin Glue came loose of the Left grip But had no problems with right at least so far...
You shouldn't have any problems with the right one since it isn't glued on....at least I hope not !!!

Old 06-19-2009, 12:16 PM
HarleyWood
Outstanding HDF Member

my left one came off while cruising trough Colorado, I stuck it back on after makiing two wraps with electrical tape on the bar. I was going to replace with golf club tape and forgot about it until now...

Old 06-19-2009, 12:22 PM
Pumba11
Elite HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by HarleyWood
my left one came off while cruising trough Colorado, I stuck it back on after makiing two wraps with electrical tape on the bar. I was going to replace with golf club tape and forgot about it until now...

Wow, almost the same experience. Except mine was while riding in the Black Hills...yeeee haaaaw! I just used some duct tape and when I slid it on some of the wraps rolled over exposing some adhesive. I was going to re-glue it, but its staying on so well now, I going to leave it.

Old 06-19-2009, 12:30 PM
solorider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The glue was dried up in my Kuryakyn kit also...wtf! Anyways, I used a gel type super glue and it worked fine.

Old 06-19-2009, 01:12 PM
Road Ranger
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Peppa1
You shouldn't have any problems with the right one since it isn't glued on....at least I hope not !!!
WHAT??? You're not supposed to glue the throttle side?? Damn it I screwed up again! J/K

Old 06-19-2009, 01:22 PM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I have mine glued at the 90% WOT position so as soon as I hit the start button I'm out of the garage like a bat out of he!!.

Quick Reply: ISO grips glue