Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rinehart TD or Bub 7 TD

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 11:23 AM
screamin_willy
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rinehart TD or Bub 7 TD

I am stuck between the Rinehart TD and the Bub 7 TD. I am seeking a deep throat sound with some loadness combined, primarily at idle. Before this bike, I had a 110" motor with V&H BR, pipes which were very load. So most bagger exhaust systems are a little to soft for me with respect to idle loudness. What are your suggestions?

Old 06-19-2009, 09:41 PM
HilllBillly
Cruiser

I had an 06 Roadking w/ ness big sucker/pcIII/rinehart true duals
-- I loved the sound... but didnt like the black end caps because they tend to turn purple

Sold the RK... Got an 06 Ultra w/ the same air cleaner, and installed BUB 7's
Its been 1 year with the Bubs... I can say I love the sound just as much as the rineharts, but i think the rineharts have a deeper pop (especially at idle)

For the first 8,000 miles i though the bubs were too quiet and i hated them - i even put them up for sale on here, but got lazy and didnt feel like pulling them off and installing a new set of rineharts

But now i'm 12,000+ into the BUBS and I love the sound -- i get compliments all the time from my friends when i ride past their house - they all say how good my bike sounds

My opinion - the rineharts sound a little better... The Bub's look ALOT better

Old 06-19-2009, 10:05 PM
harris48cars
Road Master

I have a set of Bub's 7 true duals for sale. They are on my 08 SG. Look under classified or PM me if you have any interest. My regular riding buddy has the Rino's. Frankly I can't tell any difference between them. The tone on the 7's might be ever so slightly better. I think you would like either. I'm having some minor hearing problems and want something a little quieter. Maybe a 2 in to 1 or I may go back to stock headers with SuperTrapp SE's which is how I started out when I first bought my 08 SG.
Gary

Old 06-19-2009, 10:07 PM
harris48cars
Road Master

BTW, in case you didn't know, both the Rino's and 7's are made by the same company. Interstingly, when I talked to Bub's they said the 7's offered better performance then the Rino's. Of course if I had asked about the R's I probably would have gotten a different answer.
gary

Old 06-19-2009, 10:36 PM
King Crimson
Tourer

Originally Posted by HilllBillly
I had an 06 Roadking w/ ness big sucker/pcIII/rinehart true duals
-- I loved the sound... but didnt like the black end caps because they tend to turn purple

Sold the RK... Got an 06 Ultra w/ the same air cleaner, and installed BUB 7's
Its been 1 year with the Bubs... I can say I love the sound just as much as the rineharts, but i think the rineharts have a deeper pop (especially at idle)

For the first 8,000 miles i though the bubs were too quiet and i hated them - i even put them up for sale on here, but got lazy and didnt feel like pulling them off and installing a new set of rineharts

But now i'm 12,000+ into the BUBS and I love the sound -- i get compliments all the time from my friends when i ride past their house - they all say how good my bike sounds

My opinion - the rineharts sound a little better... The Bub's look ALOT better
Wow, they still are breaking in after 8000 miles??

Old 06-19-2009, 10:46 PM
NitroShark
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A buddy of mine has Rineharts on his Ultra and I've followed him for 1000's of miles. I put Bub 7's on mine a few weeks ago. I can tell you for sure that the Bub's are much deaper than the Rineharts. They don't have than tinny sound that Rineharts have. I like them both, but I like my Bubs much better. Nice sound at idle, smooth while cruising, and have a loud bark when deap in the throttle. I still miss my CFR's, but the Bubs are really growing on me.

Old 06-25-2009, 01:01 PM
screamin_willy
Novice

Thanks guys for the help. I think I have made my mind to go with the Rineharts, get the Chrome tips. I will keep everyone posted of my thoughts. Thanks

Old 06-25-2009, 11:38 PM
rogerfromco
Road Master

Originally Posted by NitroShark
A buddy of mine has Rineharts on his Ultra and I've followed him for 1000's of miles. I put Bub 7's on mine a few weeks ago. I can tell you for sure that the Bub's are much deaper than the Rineharts. They don't have than tinny sound that Rineharts have. I like them both, but I like my Bubs much better. Nice sound at idle, smooth while cruising, and have a loud bark when deap in the throttle. I still miss my CFR's, but the Bubs are really growing on me.
+1 Bub 7's are deeper and louder than my friend's Rin's. We both have RGs. I suggest you look around at a local HD dealer and listen to the bikes as the pull in / out of the dealership, Reading opinions here will not give you nearly as accurate portrayal of the question you have.