Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BIG Mistake

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 08:02 AM
speckfisher
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do what makes you happy, I'll still wave.

Old 06-25-2009, 08:26 AM
harleybill2008
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It looks like a very well built machine with a lot of great ideas and enhancements but I can't get past the looks. It's just too bizarre for my tastes and it's not something I would ever buy, even if Harley did go belly up. I would probably buy a Victory but not this particular model. It's just butt ugly & there is no getting around it but then that's what makes my bike look better when you have something like this sitting next to it. For those of you that want to get the quick on the bike, here is a link where you can make up your own minds. You should get a free spaceman suit vs a tshirt for test riding one of these.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-42lt1__qw

Old 06-25-2009, 08:55 AM
Jambon1
Tourer

Originally Posted by UltraEd
Got the Harley out this weekend and rode it around. It's going to be hard to get rid of the HD. Not sure this is a good move, still considering selling it. Have had a couple people interested, everytime someone comes over to look at the bike, I get a harsh feeling in the pit of my stomach. Maybe this is a sign telling me not to sell.
Sell it and move on to the Victory Forum!!! I personally would rather have Brothers that are faithful around here!

Originally Posted by 07 8ball
Hey guys i am new here and don't mean to troll....
BUT you guys keep saying that the vision is an ugly bike.
well check this one out. http://www.baggersmag.com/features/0.../photo_01.html

that thing looks damn good to me !!!!!!!!!
and yes i am a Vic guy ride a 2007 8ball.
Pull your head out. That's just a butt ugly bike with a great paintjob.

Old 06-25-2009, 09:22 AM
shortride
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Are you kidding? I promise, you will regret it. Every time I see a Victory Vision, I think of George Jetson. I just see you in 6 months or so ridding into a Harley dealer wanting to trade the Vision for a new Ultra Classic. The dealer says, "ARE YOU KIDDING?"

Old 06-25-2009, 11:44 AM
fevest
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Well I had a victory jackpot, swapped it for a corvette. Anyway, the victory is a very well built bike, very strong. Little maintenance required.
I am on my first harley, a 09 ultra with abs. Happy so far, but was surprised at the lack of power. Of course I traded a Triumph rocket for it, so I am used to people telling me I ride an ugly bike.
If you like it get it, I am sure it is quite nice on the long haul.

later

Old 06-25-2009, 11:50 AM
dnitram
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by UltraEd
My wife and I rode our 2008 Ultra Classic (105th Anniversary Edition #1081 of 7000) to Washington, D.C. this year for "Rolling Thunder". While we were in D.C., I had the opportunity to see a 2009 Victory Vision. Once we retuned home, I could not get the Victory Vision out of my mind. Last week we rode to the our local Victory dealership. After a closer look at the Vision, I have decided to sell the Ultra Classic and get the Vision. If anyone is interested in an 08 Ultra, which is still under factory warranty and only has 6,370 miles on it, email me at Pears2@aol.com for pictures and complete details. (NO TRADES)

Eddie
Well, if I was going to sell my Harley and buy a Victory Vision, I sure wouldn't post that information on this forum! LOL!!! Just my 2 cents.

Old 06-25-2009, 01:14 PM
Aleslinger
Tourer

Competition is good for the consumer. I think that more people should buy Victory bikes and maybe HD will offer incentives or bonuses for buyers. This will also push HD to match or exceed the performance specs of the competition. ED, you should go for it! If you have any regrets then sell it and get something else. It is your $$$ and your ride.

Please let us know how that works out for you.

Old 06-25-2009, 01:41 PM
Modee1245
Tourer

I went to buy one before I got my Ultra C, it was a great deal for about 20 grand, did the paperwork etc. my wife and I have what I called good credit, house, 09 accord etc. Well the **** comes back and tells me that, I can't get you financed on a new bike. I looked at his @ss and said oh really.. well I tell you what, I will be back in about an hour.

I went straight to Mancuso Harley, and within 1 hr 30 mins I was riding out the d@mn door on my Ultra Classic, I rode right back to the Victory Dealer, asked to see the GM, and salesman, stood by the front door, and when they walked up I said Gentlemen, what do you see right over there, my wife waived at them. I said now can you explain to me how I can buy a brand new Harley Ultra Classic, yet you could not sale me a 20K spaceship. To hell with Victory, I AM GLAD TODAY THAT I DID NOT GET IT, now that I see them, they are pretty ugly and not much you can do other than ride it.

Old 06-25-2009, 02:07 PM
salty01
Tourer

Originally Posted by Trojan63
I test drove one, and got a free t-shirt....great bike, and IF harley ever goes out of business, I would buy one...warranty is 5 years unlimited miles also.....but again, it ain't no harley.....
Id take your Ultra in a heart beat. Our Road Captain dropped by last night while I was getting the Street glide ready fopr 3 weeks trip.

he has allready been through a hdraulic clutch, starter and now a stator and regulater.
Seems a lot since he bought it late Sept, parked it from Late Oct to end April for winter

they are fast and handle great but..no room in the bags either

Meet George Jetson,,,,his bike, vision..LOL

Enjoy

Old 06-27-2009, 10:05 PM
federij
Novice

see the 100 ugliest bikes list on a previous thread......but really....good luck with it and enjoy.

Quick Reply: BIG Mistake