Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ARC Audio 6.5 Package Group Buy

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 12:39 PM
Firecap501
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rod

You only need to use the closed cell foam behind the speaker on the outer fairing, and a 7inch by 7 inch square is plenty big enough.

Originally Posted by rodrocko
ok i need some help with this.....i tryed to ask on a audio forum...but all was flamed to the bone by bunch of 17 year olds.....i am trying to go the extra mile with this amp and speaker upgrade......i got a 1x2 foot piece of sound barrier from a very high end floor and tile guy i know....its about 8th in. thinck and heavy as all hell ......i was thinking.about a 8x8 in piece behind each speaker on the outer fairing....then clue smaller peices all around the speaker mounting area.then over that ...as much closed cell foam as i can neatly put in the fairingand the outer fairing.....does this sound about right?....i have some very thin closed cell also..should i put it between the really dense stuff and outer fairing.....am i wasting me time?....being plain silly?..or would just 1sq foot of half in closed cell behind the speakers do the trick?....i wish the fairing was totally sealed..also will sealing up the fairing a bit help even if i dont get it air tight?..i dont mind soing the extra homwork and passing the tips on to every1 else...if some 1 could get me started in the right direction..............also i heard on another forum that army surplus shops sell sleeping bag mattes that are made of closed cell...2x6 foot for around 10 bucks ...hope that helps some 1

Old 02-02-2010, 09:38 PM
rodrocko
Intermediate

well hell i was getting all fancy.........stil might put the foam baffles on also...the guy that sells them on ebay is a very nice 45 minute ride away...........just hoping it dont rain this weakend....and i get me goodies in the mail ...if not ...eh next weakend will work too....on another note....them guys with the new 7.25 speakers sure getting a lot of attention...im willing to bet this set up smokes them.......on yet another note......people on that thread are blatenly advertizing...and it looks like they made u take off ur qoutes at bottom of your posts...whats up with that?.......one more question...did u get the ice plow mounted on the front of u bike yet?

Old 02-02-2010, 09:46 PM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by marvincbr
Wayne, how's your supply of 6.5 adapter rings for the Road Glides? My RG is stripped down in the garage, workin on winter upgrades.
I'm curious about that too....

Any sign of these puippies yet, Wayne?

Old 02-03-2010, 07:25 AM
Firecap501
Former Sponsor

The foam baffles for the back of the speakers that are out there choke the speaker, it needs what air space is in the fairing to operate. I have ordered more rings for the road glide, but I have not seen them yet, not sure why.

Old 02-06-2010, 07:49 AM
rodrocko
Intermediate

hey wayne.......if u get a chance can u shoot me a tracking number..i assume the goodies are coming ups....if u are busy no worries..im just getting excited