Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ARC Audio 6.5 Package Group Buy

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 08:56 PM
gladiator
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

3 months is sufficient

Old 09-04-2009, 10:01 AM
sandnessmj
Cruiser

I would say it depends on what you're trying to accomplish. Increased sales? A special treat for people who have been members of the forum for a while? Spread the word about your product?

I can understand wanting to give a forum discount, but if you have a time requirement, especially over 3 months, most people are going to go with another product. Personally, I'm not going to wait if I have the cash now to buy. That just means you're going to lose potential customers.

My .02

Old 09-04-2009, 10:16 AM
Chula
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would count time as a member and not the number of posts. Alot of people read but do not post much. I think 6 months is good.

Old 09-04-2009, 10:46 AM
Firecap501
Former Sponsor

That is the delima that I am facing, but I also do not want someone to join and then call and want the member price, and I have had people call and get in on the group by for the forum members and they had just joined. I am still kicking the idea around. I do not want to turn anyone away, and do not want anyone to ride the coat tails of all who are true members and contribute to everyone on here.

Originally Posted by sandnessmj
I would say it depends on what you're trying to accomplish. Increased sales? A special treat for people who have been members of the forum for a while? Spread the word about your product?

I can understand wanting to give a forum discount, but if you have a time requirement, especially over 3 months, most people are going to go with another product. Personally, I'm not going to wait if I have the cash now to buy. That just means you're going to lose potential customers.

My .02

Old 09-05-2009, 05:57 AM
houronron
Cruiser
Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Wayne you will never please everyone all the time and will have some people that you will never please regardless of what you do. I think a 90 day grace period is good w/o counting post. I read here alot but post very little. As long as a person has a good product like you do and are willing to stand behind their product like you do i think people will still buy from you because people want a good product and good that they know the seller will stand behind.

Old 09-05-2009, 08:33 AM
Hammer107
Road Master

I'd keep it simple.

Nobody is going to join the forum in order to get your discount, they probably won't even know about your discount until AFTER they join.

Simple is good.

My 2 cents.

Old 09-05-2009, 09:08 AM
sandnessmj
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Hammer107
I'd keep it simple.

Nobody is going to join the forum in order to get your discount, they probably won't even know about your discount until AFTER they join.

Simple is good.

My 2 cents.
Agreed. I lurked around here for a few months before joining, just read and learned quietly haha...

Firecap, I could understand if you're trying to promote tenured membership in the forum, but I don't really think that's your main goal...

Old 09-05-2009, 10:41 PM
Suburban28
Cruiser

Glad I got the setup I have from you Firecap. Added a Hogtunes Tweeter Pod to the mix and now its too loud. Great problem to have I know. I may just be getting old but I love it.

Old 09-08-2009, 09:59 AM
bugguy357
Novice
Default Trouble!

Hey Fiecap I bought your amp and speakers last year and I am having trouble with it. I will be driving down the road and the radio has no sound, if i shut it off and turn it on again it works for about 5 min. What do you think is wrong?

Old 09-09-2009, 12:17 AM
suey
Cruiser

indecision cost a sale... im going another route...i dont want to wait for a decision or a timeframe to buy, im buying now...

best wishes

Quick Reply: ARC Audio 6.5 Package Group Buy