Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2006 Street Glide for $7500?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 12:17 AM
1sweetglide08
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I hope someone post what the real deal is....can't wait to know.

Old 06-18-2009, 12:33 AM
FunkyNova66
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Let me know if you find Elvis! OK?

Old 06-18-2009, 09:57 AM
Jinks
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by bigskyhd
Is this for real? Anybody down in FL ever heard of this place, or is it just a ripoff?
http://www.motorcycle.com/classified...159000B1E.html

Miami Dade residents might find a great deal if this is the real thing. Some kind of repo or bank foreclosure?
OK, here's the story so far.........

If you think the music is weird, call the number on the website. Sounds a little like a couple of space critter dogs barkin' & eventually ends with a recorder beep. I called yesterday to check this place out. It has addresses in both West Palm Beach, Fla. & North Las Vegas, NV. When checked on Google Earth the one in Fla. shows as a small house in a... well, "less than upscale neighborhood". The one in NV. shows as a larger building/house in front of what looks like a storage rental facility.

Anyway, with the strange barking & no answer I wrote it off as what you probably suspect it to be. An hour or so later I got a call (must have snagged my # from caller ID). He sounded like he was usin' an internet phone (extremely hollow & hard to understand). I asked about the '06 Road Glide, item 10 on his "invatory". It's listed at $7800 shipped. I asked him about the price without shipping & he quoted me $6200 & mentioned NV. I hadn't told him where I was, so I replied "So it *is* in Las Vegas?" He stammered for a minute, then asked "#10? That one's here in Fla." At that point I said "Great, so am I, if you have a clear title & it's in good shape I can arrange to pick it up".

At that point he started fast talkin' about makin' deposits, & that they were only open Monday to Friday, so I probably couldn't get there this week. When I told him that I was in Daytona & could be there today he started talkin' about him only bein' there another hour or two, but NV bein' open another "5 hours". I told him that didn't matter, that if he had a clean title & was willing to go to DMV while I verified the title I'd buy the bike today.

He repeated the line about the time difference between Fla. & NV, & told me to call back today. If NV hadn't sold the bike he'd hold it for me till this afternoon. I called back about an hour ago & got the barkin' aliens. No return call so far. Between that, the strange phone contacts, & the quick request for a "deposit", in my opinion it may be a scam.

I'd pay him cash for any one of three bikes in his "invatory" if they were really there & in good condition. If he returns my call & proves to be real I'll post it, but for now I think the phrases "Too Good To Be True" & "Buyer Beware" are key to those deals. JMHO, YMMV, LMK.