Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCIIIusb Map

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 04:52 PM
maineultraclassic
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default PCIIIusb Map

Anyone have a dyno tuned custom map for the following -

'05 touring
stock motor
stock ecm
Ness Big Sucker air cleaner (or S/E)
PCIIIusb
Rinehart True Duals with standard baffles ('06 model preferred)

If so, email me at maineultraclassic@hotmail.com

I would like to see how it compares to the canned map on Dynojet's website.

Thanks,

Steve

Old 05-18-2006, 12:15 AM
maineultraclassic
Elite HDF Member
Default RE: PCIIIusb Map

Ok, if no one wants to share..............how about answering a question?

What kind of milage are people getting with the canned Dynojet Map for this setup - 807-175?

Has anyone used the canned map and had a dyno run done? What kind of AFR reading did you get?

I keep hearing that the canned Dynojet maps are too rich, is this true for this map?

Thanks,

Steve

Old 05-18-2006, 09:53 AM
Nitehawk
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just had my 06 dyno'd and should pick it up this morning sometime, the tuner told me that the map I had was too rich in the low and high range, which I knew from the sluggish fell of the throttle, I was using dynojets map 228, I will know more about the AFR when I get the printout...It only makes sence that the canned map was too rich as the air out west is hotand thin so they would have to run richer to compensate, I think I will maintain 40 MPG but will have to ride a few miles to check....

Old 05-18-2006, 10:32 AM
100thRK
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had the same problem of too much fuel low and high. Gas mileage was terrible (32mpg) Had a custom map done and I get 43 mpg but the 6 speed helps that some. Probably would be 39-40 in 5th.

Old 05-18-2006, 09:33 PM
maineultraclassic
Elite HDF Member

That is what I'm finding with the map I'm running now with the Thunderheader. At slow speeds my milage is under 40 mpg, but at highway speeds it goes up to 45+mpg.

I'll get it to the dyno soon to see how it looks and have everything dialed in.

That is why I wanted to see someone's custom map..........to see how it compares to the canned map.

Steve

Old 05-18-2006, 09:54 PM
fatguyona1000
Road Captain

40-45 mpg is some of the best readings I've heard. If you're goiing for better mpg I'd leave it alone.

Old 05-19-2006, 10:35 AM
maineultraclassic
Elite HDF Member

Yes, but it should be a constant 45 mpg or more............a dyno tune will fix that later on to get a flat AFR.

Steve

Old 05-19-2006, 10:57 AM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Steve ~ I think "45 constant (or more) is a bit on the optimistic side.

I had a ThunderHeader, High-Flow AC, and Stage I EMC flash on my 05 RG in the beginning. I was actually getting 43 fairly regularly. I actually got 48 once, even riding two-up the whole time.

After installing the PCIII, using the "canned map" from DynoJet for my exact configuration, milage dropped to a consistent 40. but.... it sure ran better! I did have a baseline DYno run done so I could compare actual gains before / after engine mods. Mods are in, heading for Dyno shop shortly, so we'll see how that works out.

Maps from other people (including DynoJet) are close (at best) for specific configs. EVERY bike is a little different. THere are also other variables like: tuners ability, general condition of bike being tuned, temp / hunidity, etc., etc....

Bottom line.... If you want it "right" for your bike, find yourself a GOOD dyno tuner. If you do, it will be worth EVERY penny - GUARENTEED!

Also - this whole Performance vs MPG is a bit of a silly comparison. In fact it's really a "catch 22". If you get it tuned so it runs better, you will ride it to feel how much better it runs. As a result of twisting the throttle a little further, harder, longer..... you will get lower MPG!

[8D]

Old 05-19-2006, 11:29 AM
Warpig
Advanced

I think the older i get the more stupid i get. Can someone explain what a PCIII, SERT and Dyno is? This has been driving me nuts for days reading this stuff.[sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 05-19-2006, 11:10 PM
maineultraclassic
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Warpig

I think the older i get the more stupid i get. Can someone explain what a PCIII, SERT and Dyno is? This has been driving me nuts for days reading this stuff.[sm=americanasmiley.gif]
PCIII = Dynojet Power Commander IIIusb

SERT = Screamin Eagle Race Tuner

Both of those are used to tune the bike to the air intake and exhaust used, along with any other motor mods.

Dyno = Chassis Dynomometer

That is what you put your bike on and do some 4th gear runs to see how the Air/Fuel ratio looks and what you are making for Horsepower and Torque. You then do some tuning to the PCIII or Sert until it is running perfect.

Steve

Quick Reply: PCIIIusb Map