Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hidden antenna that really works

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 06:48 PM
oley55
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default hidden antenna that really works

my used 08 Roadglide has a hidden amp antenna installed under the fairing. I have rewired it twice and have been unable to get acceptable reception. most espicially when my Garmin GPS in on. I rerouted the power to both trying to eliminate interference, but with out success. I'd go back to the OEM antenna in a New York second, except the previous owner decided to cut the OEM anntenna lead off under the seat!!! did I say "WTF was he thinking?"

A ligitimate, it really works under the fairing antena option would be appreciated.

Old 06-15-2009, 06:52 PM
Jim Dawson
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by oley55
my used 08 Roadglide has a hidden amp antenna installed under the fairing. I have rewired it twice and have been unable to get acceptable reception. most espicially when my Garmin GPS in on. I rerouted the power to both trying to eliminate interference, but with out success. I'd go back to the OEM antenna in a New York second, except the previous owner decided to cut the OEM anntenna lead off under the seat!!! did I say "WTF was he thinking?"

A ligitimate, it really works under the fairing antena option would be appreciated.
I doubt there is one that will work as well as an exposed whip.

Old 06-15-2009, 06:54 PM
Cheeze
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ditto........i been thru that and all the ones i tried stinks. Put my ole trusty antenna back on and the reception is back as it should be.

Old 06-15-2009, 07:15 PM
EasternSP
Banned

Received 24,867 Likes on 9,332 Posts

yeah, I've tried a couple of em that say they provide great reception. Not so. Anyway, the rf cable that runs from the radio to the rear has the unique connector on the end so just soldering and taping the cut part isn't going to be all that simple. You will have to buy a new HD cable and route it. Sorry guy.

The following users liked this post:
Randy Krahn (03-11-2022)
Old 06-15-2009, 07:28 PM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor
Received 56 Likes on 50 Posts

Guys ,,,,,,

J&M actually tested the Dakota Digital and the Biketronics Hogtenna, along with two others and we were not impressed either ,,,,,,

that is why we made the new J&M FLEXPOWER hide-a-way in-fairing antenna line-up,,,,,, below is the straight scoop,,,, if they don't do everything I say they will, we will refund your money $$$ , that simple ,,,,,,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

J&M's new hide-a-way AM/FM/WB antenna for 1985-2010 Harley BatWing fairings ,,,,,,,, J&M part# FPA-HCFM ,,,,,,,,

It is by far THE best faring in-fairing mounted hide-a-way AM/FM/WB antenna on the market today ,,,, duplicating under most conditions the performance of the J&M/Harley shorty rear mounted antenna for all 3 Bands,,,,, AM, FM and WB ,,,,,,

It is part of the new FlexPower™ antenna line-up from J&M , which includes a new pre-tuned mount-in-fairing CB antenna for the BatWing Harley fairing ,,,,,,,

The really cool thing about these antennas is that they can be used as a complete replacement for the rear antennas (((StreetGlide-Ultra etc))) OR the customer can connect BOTH and then if he has a removable tail trunk, when he does remove it, the J&M hide-a-way antennas just keep on working for both AM/FM/WB and also CB radio, if so equipped, without having to add the rear antennas back on ,,,,,

Old 06-15-2009, 08:34 PM
sunnenman
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

How much for the j&m hidden antenna?

Old 06-15-2009, 08:43 PM
slack20
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

price

Old 06-15-2009, 08:46 PM
harleybill2008
Road Captain

I just hate to ensorse something that might not work that well somewhere else but me and 2 others ordered the antenna from baggers only off of ebay and none of us have ever had bad reception. Of course we have great radio stations with lots of power in ohio so there is always a possibility that it might not work somewhere else. Anyway, they run about 45.00 but I love mine and am very satisfied and I just ran mine in the fairing and not even down the frame like it suggests. Here is a link.

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/merchant...dkw=&_osacat=0

Old 06-16-2009, 09:48 AM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor
Received 56 Likes on 50 Posts

All I am saying is that the new J&M FLEXPOWER in-fairing AM/FM/WB antenna is the best one we have tested ,,,,,

In Tucson Arizona, while also picking up some stations from Phoenix, the J&M FLEXPOWER hide-a-way antenna, mounted inside a 2009 StreetGlide fairing and 2009 Ultra Fairing, was virtually duplicating the reception performance of the rear-mounted J&M/Harley Shorty antennas we have been selling for 3 years now ,,,,, Harley has been selling them for a year ,,,,

and this was not just on FM, this was on all three bands of AM, FM and WB ,,,,,,,,

part# FPA-HCFM ,,,,, price is $79.99 ,,,, should be on the Harley Classics page of the J&M website within three days ,,,,,

JMJOHN ,,, john@jmcorp.com ,,,,,

Old 06-16-2009, 10:00 AM
gmc
Road Warrior

An easy fix may be to get a Y connection and hooking the two together even though you don't have the end on you cable it's going to give you some added reception. Also Checker has an amplified for $18 that works pretty good. I would think in the flatland you should be picking up stations so I would replace your current one. Note: try just the original cable and you should pick up local stations.
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...en-antena.html

Quick Reply: hidden antenna that really works