Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hidden antenna that really works

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 01:31 AM
Shlim1
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Test Results??

Originally Posted by sonar_chris
Well if your offering up a free one, I'll be your guinea pig.
Any Test Results?? Some friends and I are looking for a similar option for our bikes too. How did it work out?

Rob in Chicago

Old 03-27-2011, 06:51 AM
Sam2010
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 217 Likes on 158 Posts

I seen in another thread on HD forums that this antenna is the one that HD sells as its boom antenna something or otherfor like 60 bucks. "I do not know if thats a fact"

Metra Deluxe Universal Amplified Antenna PN/ CK-UA200 They sell at many auto parts stores. Example Shucks $17.99

I have not tested one yet but I am going to in the near future unless JM sends one for me to report on.

Old 03-27-2011, 07:25 AM
Screw62
Intermediate

I had the same problem finding a Y-splitter,went to an aftermarket car audio place.He didn't have any in stock,but ordered one for me.5 bucks.I'll be installing the aforementioned Metra power antenna,along with the shorty,in the next couple of weeks.I'll post my results.

Last edited by Screw62; 03-27-2011 at 07:29 AM.
Old 03-27-2011, 07:41 AM
DocHarley
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got a Tune Trapper, $35 bucks off ebay. Works great!

http://www.ecshylites.com/page/page/761353.htm

Old 03-27-2011, 08:23 AM
sonar_chris
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Shlim1
Any Test Results?? Some friends and I are looking for a similar option for our bikes too. How did it work out?

Rob in Chicago
Never got a reply from JM John, so I never tested one out.

Old 03-27-2011, 09:55 AM
jerseyjeff62
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by nocages4me
I tired an expensive hidden amp antenna and it was junk. I bought a cheap $19 hidden tape style off of ebay and it works great, I still have weather band and it is the same reception as when I had my whip.
just got one of these yesterday didn't have a chance to install but i feel better now.reading all the other post i was starting to regret purchase

Old 03-27-2011, 10:01 AM
Lemayco
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My Dakota hidden antenna works poorly in my area. (southern California)

Old 03-27-2011, 10:42 AM
sunsetdriver
Advanced

Originally Posted by Sam2010
I seen in another thread on HD forums that this antenna is the one that HD sells as its boom antenna something or otherfor like 60 bucks. "I do not know if thats a fact"

Metra Deluxe Universal Amplified Antenna PN/ CK-UA200 They sell at many auto parts stores. Example Shucks $17.99
The HD hidden antenna that I installed was a little more money than the auto parts store antenna (because I had to pay for the HD emblem that is installed on the antenna). It picks up all the channels the factory antenna did (even Weather Band). I haven't had a chance to test it's ability by going to the outskirts of the radio signal, but I think it will do just fine. As with any antenna system, once I loose signal, I switch to CD or I POD.

Old 03-27-2011, 03:16 PM
Hughey79
Tourer

I just installed the Metra version this morning and in the garage the reception seems okay so far. Weather band was there. I did not have to ground it and located an open power source hear where I mounted the antenna. Also I actually just zip tied it to the wire loom just above the rear of the gauges. Will find out in a week or so how it is since it got cold here again.

Old 03-27-2011, 03:22 PM
Slash
Stellar HDF Member
Received 125 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Mathews2
Here is what I did, I went to radio shack, purchased your basic stereo antenna and a plug for the radio socket. connected the stereo antenna to the plug, plugged into the HK unit and used wire ties to secure it in the fairing, cheap and it works great. The reception is better than the stock antenna
Originally Posted by propane_peddler
I did about the same thing, only mine came from NAPA auto parts. The rubber flexible kind. Just zip tie it under the fairing where ever it fits. I've done it to both of my bikes, and it works just fine.
Haven't tried it yet but heard great things about doing it as the 2 posts above say....

Quick Reply: hidden antenna that really works