Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HogTunes Hogpod and Firecap's Arc 6.5s with arc 125.2 installed

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 05:23 PM
Trock
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike5959
congrats. I am personally not loving my ARC amp. It keeps getting messed up. I first thought it was the speakers so i swapped out to alpine's and it still happens. I am going to be ditching the stock radio next.
Mike what is your complaint with the ARC audio stuff. Thanks

Old 06-15-2009, 05:30 PM
vertigo14
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Yea had no issues with the first 5 1/4th or with the new 6.5s... None with the ARC amp either.... Do you know if your ground is perfectly grounded to the frame? Only thing I can think of other than your turn on(blue) wire(for amp) is not wired good enough...

Also did you step on.. or stretch any of the wries by mistake...which could lead to high resistance in the wire/shorting....

Last edited by vertigo14; 06-15-2009 at 05:52 PM.
Old 06-15-2009, 06:25 PM
LUBA
Cruiser

Originally Posted by vertigo14
Yea had no issues with the first 5 1/4th or with the new 6.5s... None with the ARC amp either.... Do you know if your ground is perfectly grounded to the frame? Only thing I can think of other than your turn on(blue) wire(for amp) is not wired good enough...

Also did you step on.. or stretch any of the wries by mistake...which could lead to high resistance in the wire/shorting....
What is this ground wire everyone is talking about? I simply ran the red & black wires and hooked up directly to the battery. This was the arc amp wire kit -and what the instructions said to do. I have heard several people grounding near the steering stem and have no idea what they are doing?

Old 06-15-2009, 06:58 PM
jackinthebox
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LUBA
What is this ground wire everyone is talking about? I simply ran the red & black wires and hooked up directly to the battery. This was the arc amp wire kit -and what the instructions said to do. I have heard several people grounding near the steering stem and have no idea what they are doing?
Same here just ran back to battery

Old 06-15-2009, 07:12 PM
vertigo14
Outstanding HDF Member

Less connections on the battery...
Easier to hook up than running to the battery, even tho I ran the power to the battery under the tank.
Already had to cut up the battery cover to allow wires not to be pinched or pushed or rubbed against...not much room there.
I dunno, just followed ideas on hooking it up and thats where I hooked it up.
Been running the arc amp for several months now.. no issues

Last edited by vertigo14; 06-15-2009 at 07:15 PM.
Old 06-15-2009, 11:07 PM
Potato_Potato
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I just this year installed the Hog Tunes Tweeter Pods on top of Hog Tunes amp and speakers that I installed last year. It seems to me that there is too much tweet when you have to volume up on the freeway. I have tried turning the treble all the way down and the bass all the way up but its on the verge of distortion that way at high volume.
Some songs are worse than others, I guess there is a certain level of treble recorded into the song. Anybody else think that there is too much tweet with these tweeter pods?

Old 06-15-2009, 11:21 PM
vertigo14
Outstanding HDF Member

Bass is max or one down, and treb is at 4-5 bars... not too much tweet this way..
them 6.5s I am running are sure nice for the bass

Old 06-15-2009, 11:33 PM
2smoooth
Road Captain
Default Which 6.5's?

Originally Posted by vertigo14
Bass is max or one down, and treb is at 4-5 bars... not too much tweet this way..
them 6.5s I am running are sure nice for the bass
Are those Arc also? Perhaps I am just missing it on thier web site but I odn't see those listed.

Also.. that GPS mount you have there.. fully removable (w/o screwing up the chrome on the bar) or do you just remove the unit itself as needed?

Old 06-15-2009, 11:58 PM
vertigo14
Outstanding HDF Member

6.5s are arcs... the FD6000, I got the last set of the FDs from Firecap, tho the FD is just a tag on the same KS 6.5 ARCs.. FD=Foose Design (Chip Foose)...

I'd give firecap501 a call see what he has, his official website is still not up yet... But Mike5959 did a temporary one but that one seems to be sorta broken(no offense to Mike5959). So, Id call him to see whats up.

The way the Garmin 660's mount at least what I used from the box the Garmin was in, uses a ram mount to hook up the clip that lets the Garmin clip on. It's secure but only the garmin unit itself comes off.. the clip is wired into the fairing..for power, mini usb, mic and stereo mini plug. So really no way to take the clip/ram mount off...unless I started cutting the wire to put on a quick disconnect... But since there are like what..1,2...4 different connections in that one harness..well I think I'll wait till someone comes up with a real solution to that.

So, yeah... I just pop off the unit when I walk away...

Last edited by vertigo14; 06-16-2009 at 12:03 AM.
Old 06-16-2009, 12:47 AM
Fast FLHX
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Has anyone had any issues riding in rain?

Quick Reply: HogTunes Hogpod and Firecap's Arc 6.5s with arc 125.2 installed