Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

road glide street glide

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 10:59 PM
fripple
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll take my RG ANY DAY over a SG! It may be fugly, but it sure handles like a dream....ahhh soooo smooooooth

Old 06-16-2009, 11:03 PM
rogerfromco
Road Master

Originally Posted by fripple
I'll take my RG ANY DAY over a SG! It may be fugly, but it sure handles like a dream....ahhh soooo smooooooth
x2 on that. When I traded my duece in for a RG, thought I'd lose the handling in the twisties. My wife has a harder time keeping up with me now in them than she did before. Love it!!!

Last edited by rogerfromco; 06-17-2009 at 10:13 AM.
Old 06-17-2009, 12:38 AM
jcanrun
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I always wanted a street glide. But ended up getting a road glide. If I were to do it again, I'd probably get a road king with apes. But, I like the fact that I run into fewer road glides on the roads. I always see alot of road kings, street glides, and electra glides. Once nice thing is when another rider is coming down the opposite street towards you, you can always tell if it's a shark nose rider due to the dual headlights.

And, with all the Harley riders never waiving, for some reason, fellow Road Glides owners waive or give each other the nod. Very cool.

Curious, I was always told the road glide was very popular in California and not so popular in the East Coast and that's why it is being discontinued. But, in this economy, the MOCO has to go with the volume sellers. And since Electra's, Ultra's, and Street Glides use the same batwing (I think), just makes economic sense.

Old 06-17-2009, 01:34 AM
jtrisch
Novice

they both suck!!! if u wanted a Honda should have bought one . the road king is the scoot!! thats why it's called the ROAD KING DUMMY

Old 06-17-2009, 06:52 AM
littlebear
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Left Custer SD last Sat at 7am, rolled in to my home is Kansas 12hrs later with 665miles behind me, great ride on a great RoadGlide. Streetglide is a great looking bike, rode it liked it, for touring the Roadie rocks and my just installed E3's were a good improvement over the 402's. 7 weeks till I head to Colo, damn I hate working for a living.

Old 06-17-2009, 10:16 AM
rogerfromco
Road Master

Originally Posted by jtrisch
they both suck!!! if u wanted a Honda should have bought one . the road king is the scoot!! thats why it's called the ROAD KING DUMMY
Since you're off topic and being an a$$, I'll just give you a little piece of advise...

When we want your opinion, we'll ask for it. Until then, just sit there, shut up, and try to look pretty.

Old 06-17-2009, 10:30 AM
fripple
Road Warrior

Roger, you're right on the cornering. I was very very suprised about how the RG corners.

Old 06-17-2009, 10:52 AM
meintel
Cruiser

The Road Glide is the King of the Glides. As far as your "Road King" goes you could have bought yourself a Softtail slapped yourself some bags and windshield on it and saved some money. The 09 RG handles so well you have to be careful on it. Sometimes I find myself riding it like I'm back on my sportbike. If you want to be like everyone else grab a Street Glide and join the crowd.

Old 06-17-2009, 03:28 PM
KaponeWKYA
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Road Glides Rule SoCal...

I live in Southern California and I see TONS of Road Glides! I love my Glide and wouldn't trade it for anything...especially for long rides. My next bike will either be a SG or a RK that I'll just use for local riding around and pimp out. If I could only have one, give me my Shark Nose!

Old 06-17-2009, 03:41 PM
Phurion
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by meintel
As far as your "Road King" goes you could have bought yourself a Softtail slapped yourself some bags and windshield on it and saved some money.
Uh, no. Not even close.

If it were that easy everyone would be doing it. Softails don't ride like touring bikes, plain and simple.

Quick Reply: road glide street glide