Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

road glide street glide

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 03:47 PM
saw*me
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nocages4me
I would say mostly for the trailer queens that want a cool looking bagger. Most long distance riders will tell you Road Glide is 100% better handling than a Street Glide.

I'll agree with that statement. After OBX bike week on the way home on interstate 95 plenty of great looking bikes on trailers and plenty of gezzer glides tearing up the asphalt. My Bro rode his Sporty he has my vote for the Tuff Biker Award.

Tom

Old 06-16-2009, 04:02 PM
marcparnes
Road Captain

Of course you can always just combine the two of them, SG > RG

Marc

Last edited by marcparnes; 06-16-2009 at 05:23 PM.
Old 06-16-2009, 04:07 PM
Bradley Jones
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I personally like the looks of a street glide but I do like the road glide also... just not my cup of tea if you will. I have been told by many dealers when I was tossing the idea of a road or street glide around, that the RG will handle better because your not turning the front fairing. Also granted there is only a 500 dollar difference (in MSRP anyway) the street glide comes with quite a bit of bling for 500 beans more like brake pedal, floorboard inserts, back passenger pegs that all match just to name a few little things. Also if you have a mans *** like me (haha) you can get a cooler looking seat with the streetglide with out having to spend 300 plus on another seat. I just picked up an ultra seat for cheap so i guess my *** isn't so manly, but that only goes on for long rides. also if you wanna pimp your bike out with forwards and no highway bar you can take the SG's highway bar off which you can't do to the RG. Then there is a couple hundred for a lower windscreen for your SG if you wanna swap that out like most people do. Theres lots of little things but IMO it's whatever you prefer for looks.

BTW people who own RG's say that SG'S are everywhere so they wanna be unique and get the RG........... around here RG's are just as popular as the batwing so that don't apply haha.

Old 06-16-2009, 05:11 PM
saw*me
Tourer

Originally Posted by marcparnes
Of course you can always just combine the two of the, SG > RG

Marc

Marc

I really did admire you taking on that project with your bike. I'm not sure that I would have had the same results as you. Fine lookin machine. You worked hard for it, enjoy the confused looks that you'll get cause some will just not get it .

Tom

Old 06-16-2009, 05:27 PM
marcparnes
Road Captain
Wink

Thanks Tom It sure was a project but brings together the best of both models I think. I'm off tonight to a month of riding around Europe so the RG is on the battery charger for the first time in it's young life. At least its for a good reason!!

Marc

Old 06-16-2009, 07:16 PM
FLoTR
Road Master

Originally Posted by Bradley Jones
also if you wanna pimp your bike out with forwards and no highway bar you can take the SG's highway bar off which you can't do to the RG.
WRONG. Check Klockwerks. They've had a chrome fairing support to replace the engine guard on the RG's for a couple of years now.
My bud has a SG and keeps asking to switch-out when we're riding. So we switch.
I just can't figure out why????????

Old 06-16-2009, 07:18 PM
Triggerman
Advanced

STREET GLIDE-BEAUTIFUL
road glide-fuuuuugly

Old 06-16-2009, 09:04 PM
Don W.
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Puttnutt24
Man I've owned both and there isn't anything that "glide's" down the road better then a Road Glide. I ride a Street Glide now only because I'm more into the style then a true touring bike. If I was to put any mile's on a bike like I used to, I wouldn't own anything but a Road Glide, but because I don't, I'll keep lookin' good on my Street glide :-)

And a Damn nice Street Glide that is....Sweeet!!!

Old 06-16-2009, 09:22 PM
url8
Road Master

One is hideous looking and one isn't??

Old 06-16-2009, 10:03 PM
saw*me
Tourer

Originally Posted by Triggerman
STREET GLIDE-BEAUTIFUL
road glide-fuuuuugly
Your off to a running start!! Seven posts and you already hate Road Glides Welcome To the forum man !

Tom

Quick Reply: road glide street glide