Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

road glide street glide

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2009, 10:02 AM
JohnCA58
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I drive a King myself, So why did HD let the Road Glide die this year and continues a Legend with the Street Glide into 2010?

Old 06-14-2009, 10:02 AM
fripple
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love my RG. I test drove a street glide and a road glide. I liked the RG instruments being out further and the wind protection seemed better. Needless to say, I bought an RG. Not too many people have Road Glides. I see about 50 street glides before I see a Road Glide.

Old 06-14-2009, 10:07 AM
jeff.georgalas
Outstanding HDF Member

Yup, it's true, I bought my SG because I loved the way it looked. I don't regret it one bit. Althogh, my Father is a RG junkie and swears by it. I've heard many RG owners do the same. Since I've never riden one I can't compare the two. They're supposed to be great riding machines, but I wouldn't drive a Vega if it was the best driving car in the World!!! That's just me though!

Old 06-14-2009, 10:09 AM
jeff.georgalas
Outstanding HDF Member

I'm also guessing that Harley is dropping the RG for that very same reason. Although it's a great riding machine for the Moco it's all about sales and the bottom line. If they can drop that and start selling a machine that has better sales numbers that's all they care about. Greedy bazdards!

Old 06-14-2009, 10:22 AM
maxflhx
Tourer

Theres a diffrence? I thought all Harleys werer the same.

Old 06-14-2009, 11:25 AM
IzzoQuazzo
Retired Admin

Received 9,041 Likes on 3,711 Posts

HD made the Street Glide for the younger generation that wanted a stripped down Electra Glide that looked cool. HD made the Road Glide for older people that really wanted a Gold Wing.

Old 06-14-2009, 11:28 AM
tmblweed
Road Captain

Uh, listen...there ain't no difference kid...listen, I got some beach front property in
Arizona that I can let you have real cheap, yeah thats it, real cheap. Got a really neat bridge for sale too, what do ya say kid, huh?

Old 06-14-2009, 01:53 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,297 Likes on 2,506 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnCA58
So why did HD let the Road Glide die this year and continues a Legend with the Street Glide into 2010?
we only know that the 'road glide' is not being manufactured for 2010. we don't know what is taking its place. there is some (ok, a lot) of speculation that it will be something along the lines of a 'tour glide', ie. road glide with tourpak mounted.

we'll know next month....

Old 06-15-2009, 07:04 PM
Don W.
Cruiser
Default Disappointed

Gotta admit, I was feeling goofy and being an *** with the SG comments and expected a war. Just trying to keep things interesting! Could it be that the "sheep" have picked on us for so long that it isn't even fun anymore? Maybe they are being sympathetic in our "hour of doom" with the recent news that the RG is being discontinued? Or maybe now it's a mute point. Anyway, just trying to keep things "light" guys. Looks like there's no takers here. Maybe we can stir something up over on the sportster forum....Just kidding.

Ride On!

Old 06-15-2009, 07:08 PM
jeff.georgalas
Outstanding HDF Member

We just figured the read-headed step-child has already taken enough abuse in his life, why add to it????

Quick Reply: road glide street glide