Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm officially a true blue, dyed in the wool geezer...

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 07:34 PM
tima
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I'm officially a true blue, dyed in the wool geezer...

Me and the buds took a ride today, "The loop", bout a hundred miles. One bud's bike is in the shop so he took his wifes pink Fat Boy. (He's about 6'3" and the Fat Boy is lowered for his wife so he looked like a circus bear on trike.) We took turns riding each others bikes, they're both used to their '03 & '04 UC's, I have my '09. Duane had taken the windshield off the Fat Boy for the "Joy" of riding. MOTHER OF GOD, HAVE MERCY ON MY SOUL!!! Riding that thing was like a gorilla trying to rip you off the bike, blasting my jacket off, rolling my sleeves up and pulling me helmet off my head!!! I swear my helmet strap is two inches longer now. (This is where I know I'm a geezer) Worst part was the frigging bugs hitting my face! DAYUM! WAP, THWACK, SPLACK! Felt like someone taking shots at me with a pellet gun! Rode that derned thing fer about twenty miles n couldn't wait to git back on me "rolling couch". I truly forgot what it was like to ride a bike without a wimpshield. I AM a true wimp and geezer, and can finally admit it without guilt....And me helmet is off to all you "real bikers" without a wimpshield......

Old 06-13-2009, 07:42 PM
magforce
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

funny stuff thanks.

Old 06-13-2009, 07:42 PM
ron bayless
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

thats some funny stuff.yeah after riding my ultra i couldnt settle for anything less now.

Old 06-13-2009, 07:44 PM
TOMTOM
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A bagger will spoil u quick.Thats what their for.
TOMMY

Old 06-13-2009, 07:51 PM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Wind in your face and bugs in your teeth on a motorcycle. How primitive. What next being cold????

Old 06-13-2009, 08:09 PM
BoomerBob
Elite HDF Member

I have to admit I'm spoiled on the "wimpshield" now too. I even put a small one on my Night Train.

Attached Thumbnails I'm officially a true blue, dyed in the wool geezer...-2009-04-06-14-40-39.jpg  
Old 06-13-2009, 08:22 PM
StreetGlideMedic
Road Master

Yep! I can't help but laugh at anyone without a windshield...knowing that I have it the best!

Ride Safe, Mike

Old 06-13-2009, 08:28 PM
Dionicio
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

30yrs ago I would'nt have dreamed of having a wimpshield on my bike, but.....that was 30yrs ago..... I don't care who calls me a wimp now, I just tell them to f*** off!.

Old 06-13-2009, 08:32 PM
harleyflyboy
Road Warrior
Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

I took the windshield off of my Road King a few years ago, you know to look cool. Rode it to work, about 5 miles, got home and put it back on. Like you said, bugs, couldn't hear a thing, slobber running out of my mouth, Lordy what an experience, what a wimp I was. Now I ride an Ultra and wouldn't change a thing, except maybe a larger fairing.

Last edited by harleyflyboy; 06-13-2009 at 08:34 PM.
Old 06-13-2009, 08:39 PM
tima
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by harleyflyboy
I took the windshield off of my Road King a few years ago, you know to look cool. Rode it to work, about 5 miles, got home and put it back on. Like you said, bugs, couldn't hear a thing, slobber running out of my mouth, Lordy what an experience, what a wimp I was. Now I ride an Ultra and wouldn't change a thing, except maybe a larger fairing.

Oh yea, forgot to mention all the snot running out my nose......

Quick Reply: I'm officially a true blue, dyed in the wool geezer...