Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

comfort profile guard on ultra for mama

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2009, 03:10 AM
robfaulkner
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can you please check to see if any dealers in Nova Scotia or New Brunswick have the drilled guards? Thanks!

Old 06-14-2009, 09:11 AM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,135 Likes on 1,798 Posts

Originally Posted by robfaulkner
Can you please check to see if any dealers in Nova Scotia or New Brunswick have the drilled guards? Thanks!
I can only search US dealers.

Old 06-14-2009, 05:07 PM
robfaulkner
Cruiser

No prob. Thanks for the Lewiston info. I might pick them up on my run to ME/NH/VT/NY/CT next month.

Old 06-14-2009, 07:16 PM
Tenn Ridge Runner
Cruiser

Originally Posted by dawg
Unfortunately no, they changed the ones for 09. You would have to buy 49179-09 and drill the holes yourself
Thats what I was afraid of. Thanks.

Old 06-14-2009, 07:33 PM
1953riderforlife
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hope this question is not viewed as a "thread hijack" but curious about the guards. One of the reasons I began looking at the Road Glide as a touring bike was because most of the touring bikes come with the bag guards already installed. My wife took one ride on an ultra and said no way. As it turned out, I found the Road Glide and liked it much better and it didn't have the guards so not a problem. However, I've often thought about the damage that would occur to the unprotected saddle bags if I ever drop the bike. So, now I know there is an alternative that would not hurt her legs, would it be worth the investement? Anyone have any experience with dropping your bike with and without the guards?

Old 06-14-2009, 07:39 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by 1953riderforlife
I hope this question is not viewed as a "thread hijack" but curious about the guards. One of the reasons I began looking at the Road Glide as a touring bike was because most of the touring bikes come with the bag guards already installed. My wife took one ride on an ultra and said no way. As it turned out, I found the Road Glide and liked it much better and it didn't have the guards so not a problem. However, I've often thought about the damage that would occur to the unprotected saddle bags if I ever drop the bike. So, now I know there is an alternative that would not hurt her legs, would it be worth the investement? Anyone have any experience with dropping your bike with and without the guards?
If you got the comfort profile guard it would go in front of the saddlebags and slant down the same way as mine does, but just not have the rails going back and around the bags. It would protect the bags on a direct side drop.

Old 07-30-2009, 02:00 PM
mfbarnes
Tourer

Just bought one from Stubbs in Houston and they have two more on the shelf

OEM 49088-01

Stubbs HD
4400 Telephone Rd.
Houston, TX 77087
(713) 644-7535

Last edited by mfbarnes; 07-30-2009 at 02:15 PM.
Old 07-30-2009, 02:57 PM
cap5369
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey I have a question DAWG or anyone else that has done the tour pack relocater kit on the 09. Has the wife complained about the hole that is there now that you have moved the tour pack back, and if so what did you do to fix the issue? I had to buy the new hammock seat due it lets her sit level instead of down and in the hole as she calls it. I also added memory foam to the piece of backing on the tour pack.

Did not mean to steal the thread. Just wanted to see if anyone else has had that issue.
The wife was also saying that her leg is hitting the bar so will have to get a set for her.

Thanks for the info.

Last edited by cap5369; 07-30-2009 at 02:59 PM.
Old 07-30-2009, 03:01 PM
cbears
Road Warrior

Ok, so since I've got an 09 Ultra, what I've gathered is that I'd need part number 49179-09 for mine and would have to drill holes myself. I've never drilled holes in anything that was chrome plated before. May be a stupid question but do I need to do anything special to do that so the chrome doesn't chip off and look all fugly? Thanks.

Old 07-30-2009, 03:02 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by cap5369
Hey I have a question DAWG or anyone else that has done the tour pack relocater kit on the 09. Has the wife complained about the hole that is there now that you have moved the tour pack back, and if so what did you do to fix the issue? I had to buy the new hammock seat due it lets her sit level instead of down and in the hole as she calls it. I also added memory foam to the piece of backing on the tour pack.

Did not mean to steal the thread. Just wanted to see if anyone else has had that issue.
The wife was also saying that her leg is hitting the bar so will have to get a set for her.

Thanks for the info.
I did THIS instead

Quick Reply: comfort profile guard on ultra for mama