Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The proper way to do things...

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 11:53 PM
VTwin-Goodies
Sponsor
Received 1,949 Likes on 1,933 Posts
Default The proper way to do things...

There was quite a bit of drama and bashing yesterday in response to things that were posted and I frankly find this all to be very childish. However, if you are not one of those that has blocked me I am here to inform you that I am not here to only shamelessly plug my products. I am man enough to admit that I have made mistakes in certain situations and am doing what I can to learn from past experiences. My main interest in the forums is motorcycles.

Yes, I am a sponsor of the site and have more than occasionally suggested my product when I thought it fit the bill. This may have gotten a bit out of control, and I want to let you know that there is much more to me than just selling my product.

Why am I posting this in the touring section? It seems that numerous long time members here had it up to here with me. As a responsible adult who is aware of my actions and the affect they may have on others, I would like to say that I am changing the way i do things as best as I can.

The world and internet are free palces an people are welcome to beleive whatever it is they would like to. Fine. IF you are offended by me, my product, or the way which I have handled myself in the past here then feel free to move on. I am not here to get in your face or force you to buy my product.

However I do have technical insight in to numerous subjects that are discussed here and would like to contribute as that is how I began my journey on the forums in the first place. Yes, I am guilty of ribbing people here and ther, and general shenanigans as are many others. So be it.

What I am trying to say is that I am here and am a member of the forum regardless of sponsorship status. I am disappointed in the way that I have behaved in certain instances, as I am disappointed in others. I am putting my best foot forward in an attempt to make a fresh start here. To those that I have offended, I offer a humble apology. From here it is up to you. See you out there on the forums or the road.

Old 06-12-2009, 04:45 AM
SeaHag
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Takes a big man to admit publicly when he's been wrong...though I don't know what dust ups prompted this, I applaud your willingness to look at your own actions and make necessary changes.

Old 06-12-2009, 04:50 AM
Fast FLHX
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Some people take the internet too seriously.

Old 06-12-2009, 06:09 AM
kingkingking
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Its just a forum. Something to do when the throttle isnt on the stop.

It never ceases to amaze me when people get upset about something they see on the TV or the net - you got a remote people, you got a mouse, if you dont like it then use the controls to get something different on your screen.

Same with HD forums - No one forces you to read anything. If you do choose to ignore H.G. or my endless ABS rants or the latest jerkoff who has a buffeting problem I cant see how it is worth posting about. Its your choice. Hats off to you. As if I give a flying fark in a hailstorm who reads my drivel and who doesnt.

PS H.G. let me know when my titanium hero ***** are ready.

Old 06-12-2009, 06:11 AM
skootchnc
Grand HDF Member

Received 496 Likes on 258 Posts

if you haven't been abused on the internet.... you must not have been on it.

Internet insults, like keyboard commandos, are a dime a dozen.....

Old 06-12-2009, 06:17 AM
HDUltraRider
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have to say I have to back Tom here as a sponsor, I am a sponsor on several forums however HDF is where I spend all my time as Harley is my passion and this is the best site out there. However I too at times will post in response to others where I think my products will fit the bill. As a sponsor we pay very high fees on a monthly biases to support the fourm so that it is maintaned and supported for US the memebers at no cost.

Some time it is a tuff desicion and we may cross the line tyring to make a sale however I don't think we should be discounted for that if you are not interested then just move on. I spend a ton of time on this forum and contribute to many threads that have nothing to do with my business or trying to make a sale. I am a rider first and my business is a development out of my passion and love for motorcycling and my
Harley.

I am not one to go on at the mouth but just thought I need to support a fellow sponsor as I know it is tuff out there especially for the small business to survive.

Old 06-12-2009, 06:19 AM
kingkingking
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by skootchnc
if you haven't been abused on the internet.... you must not have been on it.

Internet insults, like keyboard commandos, are a dime a dozen.....

The Golden Turd. Love it.

Old 06-12-2009, 06:21 AM
Mr Cujo
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tom,

I've been in your shoes before as an online vendor and contributor in another industry.
We got treated the same way by some, better by others, worse by others still.

I didn't really pay much attention to the dust up, but I'll tell you atta boy for trying to fix whatever problems there are....real or perceived.

Good luck!

Cujo

Old 06-12-2009, 06:36 AM
SeniorChief56
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 17,512 Likes on 5,067 Posts

I like seeing the sponsors posts/replies..you are really one of us. As far as the bashing goes(never saw any of it), those that were, probably don't even own a bike

Old 06-12-2009, 06:50 AM
SGLarry
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

HG,
Don't know what happened so no offence taken here. As you said you pay money to be a sponsor on the site. If one is NOT a sponsor that's a different story......If there's a thread that comes up and you have a product that might be useful, I see no problem with a "plug" for it. Maybe I didn't know about before you mentioned it. I'll check it out and if it's of no use, I move on. I, for one appreciate the help in trying to decide on what I need. That's a big part of the reason I come here :-) The more options, the better!

Larry

Last edited by SGLarry; 06-12-2009 at 06:55 AM.

Quick Reply: The proper way to do things...