Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The proper way to do things...

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 09:02 AM
VTwin-Goodies
Sponsor
Received 1,949 Likes on 1,933 Posts

Maybe I sounded a bit like this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3DVGsZmLRs

Old 06-12-2009, 09:13 AM
Sweetbaboo
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HG,

I recommend this book to you. Below is but one of ten scrolls found within the books pages. With regards to this post, I will draw your attention to the sentence, "I will hear not those who weep and complain, for their disease is contagious." Now, have a good day, and go sell something.

The Scroll Marked III

I will persist until I succeed.
In the Orient young bulls are tested for the fight arena in a certain manner. Each is brought to the ring and allowed to attack a picador who ****** them with a lance. The bravery of each bull is then rated with care according to the number of times he demonstrates his willingness to charge in spite of the sting of the blade. Henceforth will I recognize that each day I am tested by life in like manner. If I persist, if I continue to try, if I continue to charge forward, I will succeed.
I was not delivered unto this world in defeat, nor does failure course in my veins. I am not a sheep waiting to be prodded by my shepherd. I am a lion and I refuse to talk, to walk, to sleep with the sheep. I will hear not those who weep and complain, for their disease is contagious. Let them join the sheep. The slaughterhouse of failure is not my destiny.
The prizes of life are at the end of each journey, not near the beginning; and it is not given to me to know how many steps are necessary in order to reach my goal. Failure I may still encounter at the thousandth step, yet success hides behind the next bend in the road. Never will I know how close it lies unless I turn the corner.
Always will I take another step. If that is of no avail I will take another, and yet another. In truth, one step at a time is not too difficult.
Henceforth, I will consider each day's effort as but one blow of my blade against a mighty oak. The first blow may cause not a tremor in the wood, nor the second, nor the third. Each blow, of itself, may be trifling, and seem of no consequence. Yet from childish swipes the oak will eventually tumble. So it will be with my efforts of today.
I will be liken to the rain drop which washes away the mountain; the ant who devours a tiger; the star which brightens the earth; the slave who builds a pyramid. I will build my castle one brick at a time for I know that small attempts, repeated, will complete any undertaking.
I will never consider defeat and I will remove from my vocabulary such words and phrases as quit, cannot, unable, impossible, out of the question, improbable, failure, unworkable, hopeless, and retreat; for they are the words of fools. I will avoid despair but if this disease of the mind should infect me then I will work on in despair. I will toil and I will endure. I will ignore the obstacles at my feet and keep mine eyes on the goals above my head, for I know that where dry desert ends, green grass grows.
I will remember the ancient law of averages and I will bend it to my good. I will persist with knowledge that each failure to sell will increase my chance for success at the next attempt. Each nay I hear will bring me closer to the sound of yea. Each frown I meet only prepares me for the smile to come. Each misfortune I encounter will carry in it the seed of tomorrow's good luck. I must have the night to appreciate the day. I must fail often to succeed only once.
I will try, and try, and try again. Each obstacle I will consider as a mere detour to my goal and a challenge to my profession. I will persist and develop my skills as the mariner develops his, by learning to ride out the wrath of each storm.
Henceforth, I will learn and apply another secret of those who excel in my work. When each day is ended, not regarding whether it has been a success or a failure, I will attempt to achieve one more sale. When my thoughts beckon my tired body homeward I will resist the temptation to depart. I will try again. I will make one more attempt to close with victory, and if that fails I will make another. Never will I allow any day to end with a failure. Thus will I plant the seed of tomorrow's success and gain an insurmountable advantage over those who cease their labor at a prescribed time. When others cease their struggle, then mine will begin, and my harvest will be full.
Nor will I allow yesterday's success to lull me into today's complacency, for this is the great foundation of failure. I will forget the happenings of the day that is gone, whether they were good or bad, and greet the new sun with confidence that this will be the best day of my life.
So long as there is breath in me, that long will I persist. For now I know one of the greatest principles of success; if I persist long enough I will win.
I will persist.

I will win.

Old 06-12-2009, 10:36 AM
HDRider2002
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Can't we all just get along?

Old 06-12-2009, 11:08 AM
VTwin-Goodies
Sponsor

Originally Posted by Sweetbaboo
HG,

I recommend this book to you. Below is but one of ten scrolls found within the books pages. With regards to this post, I will draw your attention to the sentence, "I will hear not those who weep and complain, for their disease is contagious." Now, have a good day, and go sell something.

The Scroll Marked III

In the Orient young bulls are tested for the fight arena in a certain manner. Each is brought to the ring and allowed to attack a picador who ****** them with a lance. The bravery of each bull is then rated with care according to the number of times he demonstrates his willingness to charge in spite of the sting of the blade. Henceforth will I recognize that each day I am tested by life in like manner. If I persist, if I continue to try, if I continue to charge forward, I will succeed.
I was not delivered unto this world in defeat, nor does failure course in my veins. I am not a sheep waiting to be prodded by my shepherd. I am a lion and I refuse to talk, to walk, to sleep with the sheep. I will hear not those who weep and complain, for their disease is contagious. Let them join the sheep. The slaughterhouse of failure is not my destiny.
The prizes of life are at the end of each journey, not near the beginning; and it is not given to me to know how many steps are necessary in order to reach my goal. Failure I may still encounter at the thousandth step, yet success hides behind the next bend in the road. Never will I know how close it lies unless I turn the corner.
Always will I take another step. If that is of no avail I will take another, and yet another. In truth, one step at a time is not too difficult.
Henceforth, I will consider each day's effort as but one blow of my blade against a mighty oak. The first blow may cause not a tremor in the wood, nor the second, nor the third. Each blow, of itself, may be trifling, and seem of no consequence. Yet from childish swipes the oak will eventually tumble. So it will be with my efforts of today.
I will be liken to the rain drop which washes away the mountain; the ant who devours a tiger; the star which brightens the earth; the slave who builds a pyramid. I will build my castle one brick at a time for I know that small attempts, repeated, will complete any undertaking.
I will never consider defeat and I will remove from my vocabulary such words and phrases as quit, cannot, unable, impossible, out of the question, improbable, failure, unworkable, hopeless, and retreat; for they are the words of fools. I will avoid despair but if this disease of the mind should infect me then I will work on in despair. I will toil and I will endure. I will ignore the obstacles at my feet and keep mine eyes on the goals above my head, for I know that where dry desert ends, green grass grows.
I will remember the ancient law of averages and I will bend it to my good. I will persist with knowledge that each failure to sell will increase my chance for success at the next attempt. Each nay I hear will bring me closer to the sound of yea. Each frown I meet only prepares me for the smile to come. Each misfortune I encounter will carry in it the seed of tomorrow's good luck. I must have the night to appreciate the day. I must fail often to succeed only once.
I will try, and try, and try again. Each obstacle I will consider as a mere detour to my goal and a challenge to my profession. I will persist and develop my skills as the mariner develops his, by learning to ride out the wrath of each storm.
Henceforth, I will learn and apply another secret of those who excel in my work. When each day is ended, not regarding whether it has been a success or a failure, I will attempt to achieve one more sale. When my thoughts beckon my tired body homeward I will resist the temptation to depart. I will try again. I will make one more attempt to close with victory, and if that fails I will make another. Never will I allow any day to end with a failure. Thus will I plant the seed of tomorrow's success and gain an insurmountable advantage over those who cease their labor at a prescribed time. When others cease their struggle, then mine will begin, and my harvest will be full.
Nor will I allow yesterday's success to lull me into today's complacency, for this is the great foundation of failure. I will forget the happenings of the day that is gone, whether they were good or bad, and greet the new sun with confidence that this will be the best day of my life.
So long as there is breath in me, that long will I persist. For now I know one of the greatest principles of success; if I persist long enough I will win.
I will persist.

I will win.
Thanks for that. I am fnever a failure, sometimes things just do not go as planned. Yes, we can all get along, but it is not as easy to do so as one would think.

Old 06-12-2009, 04:36 PM
BadPiggy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Time for a group hug???

Old 06-12-2009, 04:56 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

Ahhhhhhh....., and life goes on!

Old 06-12-2009, 05:00 PM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

shucks I was all happy and then that big annoying flashing billboard shows up again, oh well thanks for sponsoring a great site.

Old 06-12-2009, 05:26 PM
Keith4001r
Road Master
Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by HarleyGoodies
There was quite a bit of drama and bashing yesterday in response to things that were posted and I frankly find this all to be very childish.
Nanny nanny boo boo. How's that for childish?

Originally Posted by HarleyGoodies
Yes, I am guilty of ribbing people here and ther
Feel free to rib me as often as you'd like. I have broad shoulders, I can handle the weight. But beware, I rib back. BTW, you're missing an "e" at the end of ther. See?

AND! Thank you, Tom (as well as all the sponsors) for supporting this forum.

Last edited by Keith4001r; 06-12-2009 at 05:33 PM. Reason: Forgot my manners!
Old 06-12-2009, 05:29 PM
VTwin-Goodies
Sponsor

Originally Posted by Keith4001r
Nanny nanny boo boo. How's that for childish?

Feel free to rib me as often as you'd like. I have broad shoulders, I can handle the weight. But beware, I rib back. BTW, you're missing an "e" at the end of ther. See?
Here's an E for ya.

Old 06-12-2009, 06:16 PM
Ultra61
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Mod Terry locked and removed several threads the last several days over childish response that did not contribute in a positive way to the original poster/threads started. Some folks are just easily provoked and some just love to provoke those that love to provoke, (IMO) I believe do not get the fact that any info relating to HD's is interesting to either...better are ride, or our riding, and I right off as not having a HD at all.

Thanks Tom for the apology and the floor board ext. The fit and material was/is great.

Quick Reply: The proper way to do things...