Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The proper way to do things...

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 06:56 AM
n8dc
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Onward and upward.....

Old 06-12-2009, 07:04 AM
rjmac53
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

well said...

Old 06-12-2009, 07:26 AM
riteway
Extreme HDF Member
Received 988 Likes on 679 Posts

Tom, R.W. Here...Sounds like you might of lost some sleep over this one.Sorry if thats the case!Sad but some of us have to much time on our hands and feel its EZer (and fun)to stir up trouble than do something constructive...Life is to short to take things to seiously...We are all trying to make ends meet....some like you are just trying alittle harder..Think how borring life would be if we were all Perfect... Happy Trails.... R.W. out
I ALSO Have to add that since this is a FREE...AGAIN FREE SITE,You in MHO think that YOU, being one who helps PAY for our FREE site should have MORE rights and privaliges here than anyone (NONE PAYING). Plus our own BIG BROTHER (MODS)are watching and if the mods dont like how you conduct your business you will here from them!!

Last edited by riteway; 06-12-2009 at 07:42 AM.
Old 06-12-2009, 07:27 AM
capt_caveman
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would like to offer my apologies as well since I'm the one who started the 'electronic bru-ha-ha' about Tom and HarleyGoodies.

I have nothing against Tom or HarleyGoodies and I'm sure that they have great products.

Something about his marketing strategy was irritating me (like a really annoying TV commercial that plays constantly) and I decided to vent about it. Was that childish? Probably. Certainly not the most intelligent thing I've ever done.

I also wondered if anyone else felt the same ( I like validation as much as anyone ) and if Tom realized that he may be driving potential customers away? Please don't misunderstand this. I'm not pretending that I was looking out for Tom's interests. I was simply venting to the forum.

Tom, FWIW - I offer my sincere apology for any problems I caused you or your company.

Hopefully, we call all move on now and 'enjoy the ride'.

Steve

Old 06-12-2009, 07:32 AM
n8dc
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Well said by both of you..

Old 06-12-2009, 07:35 AM
SG 1
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I read with interest the bashing, and I must say, I see some of the bashers points. However I was not offended by your posts and would not hesitate to buy your products, if you had what I wanted. I agree a more subtle approach to selling your product here is well advised, but it seems to me, you pay for the right to peddle your goods on this forum. Just be carefull how you go about it. I respect your decision to try and make ammends to the people who took offense.

Old 06-12-2009, 07:37 AM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

Tom and other vendors, I can see both sides, on the one hand I appreciate your sponsorship of this site (the best site I read, even better than the naked chick sites) I can see how selfless promotion will drive away certain segments of your target market. I do appreciate you offering advice and mixing it up with the other memebrs here and your insight into problems and advice offered. You might want to think about getting one screen name for when you are offering services or parts (marketing your product or services) and another screen name for when you are mixing it up and generally commenting. JMFO.

Old 06-12-2009, 07:45 AM
riteway
Extreme HDF Member
Received 988 Likes on 679 Posts

Can you do that???????????Get two screen names and how?????????

Old 06-12-2009, 07:51 AM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

I guess I missed something.

I wasn't offended, but I did find it comical that almost all of HG's replies lately have seemed like a commercial.

At least HG didn't post a fake picture saying it was his personal garage and how did we like it.
Like Thunder Creek did about a month ago. That I thought was poor judgement and turned me off his products.

Last edited by Texas Fat Boy; 06-12-2009 at 07:54 AM.
Old 06-12-2009, 09:00 AM
VTwin-Goodies
Sponsor
Received 1,949 Likes on 1,933 Posts

Originally Posted by capt_caveman
I would like to offer my apologies as well since I'm the one who started the 'electronic bru-ha-ha' about Tom and HarleyGoodies.

I have nothing against Tom or HarleyGoodies and I'm sure that they have great products.

Something about his marketing strategy was irritating me (like a really annoying TV commercial that plays constantly) and I decided to vent about it. Was that childish? Probably. Certainly not the most intelligent thing I've ever done.

I also wondered if anyone else felt the same ( I like validation as much as anyone ) and if Tom realized that he may be driving potential customers away? Please don't misunderstand this. I'm not pretending that I was looking out for Tom's interests. I was simply venting to the forum.

Tom, FWIW - I offer my sincere apology for any problems I caused you or your company.

Hopefully, we call all move on now and 'enjoy the ride'.

Steve
I appreciate your apology. I just felt that things got way out of hand. Either way we are all moving on now.

Quick Reply: The proper way to do things...