Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Satellite Radio Rocks!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 12:59 AM
db2753
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

If you don't use the rain cover, might want to use a plastic wire tie to make sure the unit doesn't vibrate off the cradle.

Old 06-12-2009, 12:59 AM
Arizona
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I've had XM in my truck and in the house for over 4 yrs now. I swear by them. I live in a rural area in the mtns so the reception on FM or AM is almost zero even with a good radio. XM is loud and clear with a full signal

Old 06-12-2009, 01:03 AM
KoalaCowboy
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by doc_cj
Nice looking setup. Looks like you've got room for the GPS or cell phone as well. It is amazing how nice satellite radio is on a long trip. I've been using XM in my truck about 4 years but only added it to my bike this year when I got the Ultra. I can't imagine a long trip without it now.
Thanks! The cradle you see above the Satellite Radio is my Ram Mount for my Garmin GPS76CS. For now, I'm keeping that one on the bike and will upgrade to something newer in a year or so, after prices have come done a bit.

Once I get my MCC modified stock seat (Friday delivery), I'll pull the Winter seat off (SunRay Premium Heated Seat) and put the MCC mod'd stock seat on til mid-November'ish.

Other than that, only a couple pieces of chrome that I 'may' add...and I am D O N E for a long time (I've spent far too much this year already )

Old 06-12-2009, 01:05 AM
KoalaCowboy
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by db2753
If you don't use the rain cover, might want to use a plastic wire tie to make sure the unit doesn't vibrate off the cradle.
Put the rain cover on once I was done with the install due to the constant rain we've had lately...

...I know we need the moisture, but could we at least have good weather on the weekends for riding?

Old 06-12-2009, 08:12 AM
Geekzter
Advanced

KoalaCowboy,

What mount & cover did you use? I like your look & interested in doing the same to my Ultra.

Old 06-12-2009, 08:27 AM
jackja25
Road Captain

I have the XM puck for the Zumo with the lifetime subscription. Pretty cool, have been a fan of sat for 5 years.

Old 06-12-2009, 08:33 AM
kmac89
Tourer

Don't know how I lived with out it.
You can always spot me I'm the one dancing down the hiway

Old 06-12-2009, 08:41 AM
BcDog
Tourer

I have sirius, love the fact you can ride all day and never have to switch stations because you have ridin out of range. Besides, nothing beats cruisin down down the road laughing to Stern!

Old 06-12-2009, 08:41 AM
Phurion
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wife has XM in her SUV. Personally I've never seen the value in paying for radio like that, especially when I have the ability to play MP3's through my Garmin, or any other MP3 compatible device.

I bought an XM unit once, played with it for a few days, then removed it. My MP3 library is full of songs I actually like, and I don't have to flip through stations to find a song I want to listen to. Just hit the <SHUFFLE> button and let her play. Every song is a good song.

To each his own though.

Old 06-12-2009, 08:42 AM
mainshaft
Road Warrior

Concur with all the above, I hardly ever listen to the radio any more.

Quick Reply: Satellite Radio Rocks!!!