Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spot Light Switch

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 08:01 PM
jbleim
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spot Light Switch

I a local dealer install a spot light switch on my FLHX today while they installed cruise control. I figured while they had the fairing cap off it made since just to throw the switch in now. I did this so I could wire up the spot lights on my own this winter.

Here's my question - when I toggle the switch to the "on" position, the green indicator doesn't light up. I assumed it would be powered thus allowing me to just plug in the spot lights on my own and save some $$. Should the indicator light up even through nothing is attached yet? Does it have power running to it?

Many thanks for your replies!

Regards,
J.B.

Old 06-10-2009, 08:17 PM
Bikerdad61
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The light may not light up on it until lights or an Accessory is hooked to it and completes a circuit. The only way I would know to check it is to tear into the fairing or you might gain access to it by removing the switch panel cover and see if it's wired up then use a test light on the output terminal. They may have just mounted the switch unit itself and no wiring to it. Easiest thing would be to call the dealer/mechanic that put it in.