Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road Glide seat on a Street Glide?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 07:07 PM
rmacnh
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Road Glide seat on a Street Glide?

Has anyone tried a Road Glide seat on their SG. (09's) I was wondering if it will fit and is it comfortable or should I be looking for something like a Mustang or Corbin?? I know everyone has an opinon, but i haven't seen many posts from Raod Glide riders wanting to change.
Thanks,
Rick

Old 06-10-2009, 11:48 PM
Da Butcher
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, it will absolutely fit, it's the same bike only different fairing. Even though the console is slightly different, you're good to go. The reason the Road Glide owners won't part with their seats is because, for a stock seat, it's WAY better than the SG seat. You'll see people trying to damn near give away SG seats on eBay while the Roadie seats hold surprising value. My girl's SG seat is now hanging in the garage. I threw a Danny Gray solo on it for her the same as I did to my police bike. Might do the same on my Roadie, but haven't decided if I want to run mostly solo on that or not. If you search for a RG seat, you can use an '08 or an '09 seat, but not '07 and back. Also, if you carry a passenger, she'll love the RG seat compared to that stupid rear-sloping SG seat.
So, go ahead and throw one on, it 'll look pretty decent too.

Old 06-11-2009, 01:40 AM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

i did the exact same thing with my streetglide. the stock streetglide seats look cool as does the windshield> on the showroom floor. i found a roadglide seat, an 09 with zero miles on it, and it should be here friday. i'm really gonna be tickled with it. the streetglide sorta captures you in a small pocket, low and sleek, and very uncomfortable after about a hundred miles. i bought a sundowner and actually hated it more. the roadglide seat is the most comfortable stock harley seat in my opinion, and they will fit. they have a flatter platform for the rider, so you're not captured in one position for a long time. check in the classifieds section at the opening page of the forum. there were three or four roadie seats for sale in there, ranging from a hundred to 125. not bad at all. the 09 will fit my 08, but you can't use an 07 or earlier as they're mounted differently. hope you find one, i'm really excited mine will be here in two days. can't wait.

Old 06-11-2009, 04:04 AM
BadX
Elite HDF Member
Received 91 Likes on 50 Posts

All 08-09 touring bikes seats will interchange so you can put a 08 SG seat on a 09 Ultra and so on. I really like that HD did that but they need to go back and redesign the seat pan for both years and the 08 seats are the best of the bunch because the 09 seats have 1 1/2"s less foam in them due to the way the seat pan is designed...cost savings.

Old 06-11-2009, 06:12 AM
MODCOBRA
Tourer

Anyone know what roadie seat (part number) that will fit an 07 SG?? I have looked thru the parts catalogs and can't find a 'stock' roadglide seat.

Old 06-11-2009, 06:31 PM
rmacnh
Advanced
Default Thanks

Thanks for the info-i will look for a RG seat

Old 06-11-2009, 07:54 PM
WIKD1
Cruiser

The Roadglide seat is a big improvement over the SG seat. have had mine on for over 5000 miles and don't have a complaint.

Old 06-11-2009, 07:59 PM
FunkyNova66
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is the street glide seat lower and narrower than a road glide seat? Can you install a street glide seat on a road glide without a gap or deadspace between the seat and the console?

Old 06-11-2009, 08:54 PM
Bobzilla
Road Captain

so what is a 05 road glide seat worth that was redone by Allen at mean city moved ahead about a 1/2 '' or so lowered an 1'' memory foam front and back and sides shaved ??? have one sitting on the shelf in garage

Old 06-11-2009, 09:13 PM
BC Glide
Cruiser

I have a Road Glide seat for 2 up riding. Woks great I still like my street glide seat for solo riding.

Quick Reply: Road Glide seat on a Street Glide?