Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel milage update with my map and true duals

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2006, 06:10 AM
vegashd
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel milage update with my map and true duals

I left for Vegas yesterday and came back this evening. i filled up before my return trip home. I did a perfect mix of 50/50 highway and city driving. On the way to Vegas I ran between 75-78 at about 3100 RPMS. This was 100 miles. The city part was the second half and ran 90.6 miles for a total tank between fill ups of 190.6. At the station I put in 4.386 gallons of gas. This is pretty close to where I usually get when topping off my tank.

When I worked the math I could not have been happier. 43.45 miles per gallon. NOT BAD. It realy seemed better then stock. Those who downloaded my map I would love to see what your getting. So far I have driven 100 miles on the second tank and it seems I will get similar fuel mileage.

Old 05-16-2006, 08:28 AM
HD Renegade
Road Warrior
Default RE: Fuel milage update with my map and true duals

Nice fuel numbers Vegas! Nothing to complain about with those. Did you have Dyno Jet re-run the bike on their Dyno in Vegas?

Bob

Old 05-16-2006, 09:03 AM
Abnmarine
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great results! I already had scheduled a dynotune for my bike which is today. I really hope they provide me simular results. Where was your map posted?

Old 05-16-2006, 02:20 PM
vegashd
Banned

I dont htink I can post it in here, but if you email me at devenhallen@yahoo.com I will email it to you.

Old 05-16-2006, 02:30 PM
rollover
Road Captain

Mileage sounds great vegas. I haven't used the map yet as I'm still not sure which injectors your bike has. Mine goes in today for the 25s so not sure if I will be able to use the map after the exchange. All the stage 1 parts are sitting here for when the bike returns but not sure if I will be able to use the map.

Old 05-16-2006, 02:33 PM
HD Renegade
Road Warrior

He has the 25's in his bike and Stage 1.

Bob

ORIGINAL: rollover

Mileage sounds great vegas. I haven't used the map yet as I'm still not sure which injectors your bike has. Mine goes in today for the 25s so not sure if I will be able to use the map after the exchange. All the stage 1 parts are sitting here for when the bike returns but not sure if I will be able to use the map.

Old 05-16-2006, 02:40 PM
rollover
Road Captain

Sweet. That's what I wanted to hear. Pipes will be on as soon as I get my bike back.

Old 05-16-2006, 02:57 PM
Bruce00
Extreme HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Excellent mileage[sm=icon_rock.gif] Haven't broken 40 yet, I keep telling myself the next tank of gas Iam going for mileage, but I always forget[8D]

Old 05-16-2006, 09:38 PM
gearheadfmc
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: vegashd

I left for Vegas yesterday and came back this evening. i filled up before my return trip home. I did a perfect mix of 50/50 highway and city driving. On the way to Vegas I ran between 75-78 at about 3100 RPMS. This was 100 miles. The city part was the second half and ran 90.6 miles for a total tank between fill ups of 190.6. At the station I put in 4.386 gallons of gas. This is pretty close to where I usually get when topping off my tank.

When I worked the math I could not have been happier. 43.45 miles per gallon. NOT BAD. It realy seemed better then stock. Those who downloaded my map I would love to see what your getting. So far I have driven 100 miles on the second tank and it seems I will get similar fuel mileage.

Wow. I don't know how you are getting that mileage. That is pretty good!

I have the 95" upgrade +SE203 cam and the best I can do driving like a 100yr old is about 32mpg.

Gearheadfmc

Old 05-16-2006, 11:09 PM
Abnmarine
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just sent you an email. I still have the old injectors. My tune today netted 70 hp/ 74 tq. He did say it ran extremely rich while at cruise but the WOT AFR was right on.
ORIGINAL: vegashd

I dont htink I can post it in here, but if you email me at devenhallen@yahoo.com I will email it to you.

Quick Reply: Fuel milage update with my map and true duals