Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Amplified Speakers - Now I get it

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 07:31 PM
Hammer107
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mathews2
new speakers will help. but a new taller windshield will help a lot. That 4 inch shield at highway speed is brutal on the stereo sound.
Yeah you could be right. I am waiting for my new seat before trying to get the right height windshield. I am hoping that it sits me down into the bike a little bit.

Old 06-08-2009, 07:46 PM
Standard
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just added lower fairings last Thursday so I also added Hogtune replacement stocks speakers and the lower fairing speaker kit with the amp. I know how awesome it sounds in my garage, but wow, on the NJ Turnpike and then again on the Parkway at 80 it sounded amazing at half volume. I was so glad I went with Hogtunes.

I added 1" tweeters in my top two guage locations after moving the fuel and volt meters guages down into the lower locations(EG Standard). All in all it sounds so awesome.

I know there is better out there, but I am so pleased, that I am not looking any further.

Oh yeah, Pez was gracious and on point with all of his advice. He even followed up with a email after I purchased the set up from them. Good people and great product in my humble opinion.

Old 06-08-2009, 11:30 PM
FFeric
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

I went with Arc from Firecapt. It sounds great and you dont have to crank it up all the way to hear it.

Old 06-09-2009, 12:22 AM
heywood727
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another Vote for the Hogtunes with the amp. Had just the normal Hogtunes speakers last year and upgraded this year to the new system.

I'm impressed and Pez was great with sending my dealership the right adaptor for the RG.

Old 06-09-2009, 07:18 AM
lkr0
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

do a search from about six months ago -- I will summarize for you:

1. Without an amp you may want to leave well enough alone

2. I have had Hog tunes speakers and amp -- speakers overrated -- amp not worth it--it does not put out the power needed

3. the best speakers are the ones that sound good to you -- go to any car audio shop/best buy/circuit city/etc and take a listen -- when you decide on something seach ebay for the best price

4. upgrade the front speakers to 6.5 cant go wrong

5. add am amp -- check with firecap for the fairing mounted amp or if you want one in the saddlebag the alpine pdx 150x4 digital amp is the only way to go

6. if sound is important to you, you may want to consider changing the head unit

Old 06-09-2009, 09:00 AM
GodFather
Cruiser

I have the two wheel tunes speaker pods on my handle bars hooked up to the XM radio (bike had it when I bought it). Its only good at speeds under 50mph. If you try to make it louder it just destorts real bad.

What are my options to make this thing a bit louder and clearer using handlebar mounted speakers?

Old 06-09-2009, 09:24 AM
Bushy
Road Warrior
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I did the J&M with mid range and bass. better sound and clear at high levels. over 80 and no problems.. I-touch sounds so much better!!!

Old 06-09-2009, 10:07 AM
Fast FLHX
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The hog pod plus a set of aftermarket speakers of your choice along with an amplifier will get you what you want.

Without an amplifier you won't be getting much difference compared to the amount of $$ you will be spending.

Old 06-09-2009, 10:14 AM
Vidro
Novice

I went with the Hog Tunes speakers on my Road Glide and they helped, but not enough to bother with them. I then went with the biketronics speakers (front and rear) on my Ultra and they were MUCH better, but again I probably should have went with the AMP from them as well, but did not want to spend the extra $600.

I am now putting the top of the line Hawg Wired System and am anxious to see if that is as great as advertised? For $2,000 it better be.

My advice is do not botter upgrading the speakers unless you are going to spring for the Amp.

Old 06-09-2009, 10:19 AM
Fast FLHX
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Go to a respected audio shop and they will hook you up, just make sure an amp is a part of the equation.

Quick Reply: Amplified Speakers - Now I get it