Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

boards to forward controls on 09

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 02:56 PM
utlonghorns416
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default boards to forward controls on 09

I want to take off these cramped boards and go to a foward control or peg. I know j-brake has a kit for $575 money is tight right now. Any suggestions on what I can do ?

Thanks

Milton

Old 06-08-2009, 03:52 PM
brettnbama
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

there is a member on here, I forget his name though, he sells them at a pretty good deal. One thing I did is put the highway pegs on the engine guard, but I mounted them low enough that I could rest me heel on the board and toe on the peg.

Old 06-08-2009, 04:01 PM
VTwin-Goodies
Sponsor
Received 1,951 Likes on 1,935 Posts

Tom here. Get some floorboard extensions before spending all that on forwards. They will move your boards out further to the side so you have more room.Click on the banner for more info.

Regards,
Tom
Harley Goodies

Old 06-08-2009, 04:28 PM
spacelord
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by brettnbama
One thing I did is put the highway pegs on the engine guard, but I mounted them low enough that I could rest me heel on the board and toe on the peg.
Yep. I did this also. Gives you the forward control riding position but retains the boards for more flexibility. I also installed a set of Soos' floorboard extenders which are great. Hard to believe what a difference 3/4" makes! They let you put your whole foot on the board. If you haven't removed your heel shift lever yet, do that or buy a lever that lets you rotate the peg out of the way. All of this made a huge difference in comfort on my SG even with the stock boards which are pretty tiny. I installed a set of Kuryakyn Iso boards and now I have more room than I know what to do with. But almost all of my riding is done with heels on the boards and foot on the highway pegs.

Old 06-08-2009, 06:03 PM
utlonghorns416
Road Master

I did remove the heel shifter, dont like have my legs all bowed out when stopping. Im going to change seat to a reach and look at these exstentions thanks for that site harleygoodies.

What does this look like on the bike ?

Last edited by utlonghorns416; 06-08-2009 at 06:09 PM.
Old 06-18-2009, 10:39 PM
rcoleg
Novice

I put the reach seat on and hated it. It pushed me foward what seemed to be a lot. See if you can put it on and check it out before purchase.

Old 06-18-2009, 10:48 PM
americanthunder
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

pm shooter64 bart usually can hook you up

Old 06-18-2009, 11:02 PM
sonar_chris
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

For $80 you can get the extended rider floorboard pans that move the floorboards about 1.5" forward. Harley P/N 50409-04. As Tom from Harley Goodies said, get your self some floorboard spacers that move the boards out away from the bike too. I personally bought my 1" extentions from Soos, but both people have good companies. For more forward room, you can also get new floorboard mounting brackets http://www.wildbillscycles.com/brackets.html that will move the floorboards about 2" further forward.

Old 06-19-2009, 05:11 AM
Dooderhead
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Chris, with the extended floorpans, how does that impact the lowers in relation to foot position? I have my lowers off for the summer, so it wouldnt be a big deal for now, but come colder weather....

Old 06-19-2009, 06:19 AM
modes
Road Master
Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by HarleyGoodies
Tom here. Get some floorboard extensions before spending all that on forwards. They will move your boards out further to the side so you have more room.Click on the banner for more info.

Regards,
Tom
Harley Goodies
Extensions are no substitute for forward controls if leg length and room are in question.

Adam

Quick Reply: boards to forward controls on 09