Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sturgis RV info

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 11:47 AM
KoalaCowboy
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fast FLHX
Sounds good, this is going to be my first time. Riding in on the SG from Milwaukee with the camp gear in the Jeep.

Looking forward to it.

I'm told this is a fairly relaxing campground yet still close to the action.
LOL

Thank you for your service!!!

Close to the action? LMAO...the action will start @ Rapid City and go all the way into Wyoming. I can assure you that you will be amazed at 'just' how many bikes (and other vehicles) there are during the rally!

Make sure you bring plenty of batteries for your camera and plenty of storage (4GB memory card or larger if using digital)...you will fill it up!!!

Old 06-11-2009, 12:01 PM
Fast FLHX
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by KoalaCowboy
LOL

Thank you for your service!!!

Close to the action? LMAO...the action will start @ Rapid City and go all the way into Wyoming. I can assure you that you will be amazed at 'just' how many bikes (and other vehicles) there are during the rally!

Make sure you bring plenty of batteries for your camera and plenty of storage (4GB memory card or larger if using digital)...you will fill it up!!!
Cool, thanks for the advice.

I've been to all the HD anniversary Rallies since the 95th so I am interested in seeing how much bigger this may or may not be.

Old 06-11-2009, 12:05 PM
1cerberus4u
Cruiser

Koala:

Is Sturgis more crowded than Laconia or Daytona?

Old 06-11-2009, 12:42 PM
KoalaCowboy
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by 1cerberus4u
Koala:

Is Sturgis more crowded than Laconia or Daytona?
I've not been to Laconia or Daytona yet, but from what I heard from friends that have gone to both, yes...Sturgis is the biggest.

The last couple of years, the attendance has been down, but I have a feeling (personal gut feeling) that 2009, despite the damn economy, will be more like 2006, which was just nuts...

Even in "down years" there are still 400,000+ bikes in the Black Hills.

Old 06-11-2009, 12:57 PM
1cerberus4u
Cruiser

The guys are Kathmandu RV says that reservations for this years event are actually really down. In 06 attendance was in the 575K, but last year it was in the mid 350K range. From what I hear even at 400K, waits to get into town were 4 hours, so at some point the line are just too big. Really, though, how do you really know how many people are there, except for how long you have to sit in traffic

I own a bar about 20 miles south of Laconia, which starts this coming week, so we'll see.....

Old 06-11-2009, 01:07 PM
KoalaCowboy
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by 1cerberus4u
The guys are Kathmandu RV says that reservations for this years event are actually really down. In 06 attendance was in the 575K, but last year it was in the mid 350K range. From what I hear even at 400K, waits to get into town were 4 hours, so at some point the line are just too big. Really, though, how do you really know how many people are there, except for how long you have to sit in traffic

I own a bar about 20 miles south of Laconia, which starts this coming week, so we'll see.....
Hmmm...Down #'s are hard to really predict. Even at 350,000...that's a lot of bikes!

Old 06-11-2009, 01:44 PM
Racey
Novice

Days End RV park right off the first exit of the 90 in Sturgis, Safe, Clean, Great Facilities, Bungalows, Private Showers (Very Clean), Walking distance to main street, Bar & Nightly Bands in the Barn, Food Vendors, Security 24/7, No wait through traffic and stop signs to get out and get on the Freeway and go riding, also it's Same road that you take to Deadwood, you just make a right out of the park and you are on your way. IMO the absolute best place to stay, hands down. I have stayed there 3 seperate years, My buddy has stayed there for the last 7 years during the rally.