Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sturgis RV info

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 09:02 AM
1cerberus4u
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yuppie? OK, gloves off:

When I typically hear some smart *** comment from some "kid" who obviouly doesn't work and thinks he is "cooler than you" because Obama pays for him to sit on his bike staring down an interstate for 6 days, just to say "I did it", which is an obvious excuse for a man with ***** the size of walnuts, and he's trying to make up for it by proving he can win the "I can stare down the interstate longer than you" contest.

On the other hand, I, being one who actually works for a living, does not have the time to spend 6 days, averaging 60mph (do have to stop for gas and food) for 11.11 hours a day, riding 666.666 miles a day to get there and back. And still have time to check out the place I want to BE at for VA-Ca

It's actually called VACATION. I have driven and riden all over this GODs country and I know exactly what I-90 looks like form Mass to SD. it's boring as hell. If you were really not hung like a squirrel, you would be doing the ride, only on back roads to actually SEE AMERICA. But in doing so, the ride will be about 2480 miles, average about 45 mph and actually take you 5.5 days each way. Then you can hang (remember keep you knees bent so you can hang them closer to the ground, like us big boys) in SD for 7 days and spend 5.5 days riding back for a total of 17 days of va-ca. Again, your privilage of your Gov subsidizes payroll makes everyday a vacation for you, but I've only got 10 days.

So when you get there and after your ***** drop, and you stop complaining about how "hard the ride was" to try and convience the idiots around you that you are "The Man" come hook up with me and if you still want to "rdie home" after all the miles we will put on together while in SD. My guess is you will spend the first 3 days standing in a bar, resting your ****.

OK, I'm kidding, but you get my point.

Limited time in life, and it would be so hard to get the 2 bikini models I'm bringing to ride both ways, not to menion the cost to ship the really cool blow up pool for the late night party. and yes, the girls are real, are coming, ride and are bringing their own bikes.

(the second part I'm actually not kidding about. The girls anyway)

so everyone else is invited over to our place at night to watch the girls frolick in the pool.....................

Old 06-11-2009, 09:12 AM
1cerberus4u
Cruiser

Oh, now that I am done with my april fools rant, the girls are thinking about kathmandu Campground, as it's is supposed to be a less crowded ride and close to town.

Any thoughts?

Old 06-11-2009, 09:14 AM
1cerberus4u
Cruiser

I looked at elkhorn, but they are sold out for rigs my size. Looks like a great place

Old 06-11-2009, 09:35 AM
cropsure
Cruiser

We are trying the "Rush No More" campground this year. It will be our first time taking a 5th wheel so I hope it works out. The website looks nice anyway. Guess we will see!

Old 06-11-2009, 09:43 AM
KoalaCowboy
Road Warrior

Another place you might try is Days End Campground, which is at the West end of town. I know some folks that stay there and say it is pretty decent, but that is 2nd hand info.

Old 06-11-2009, 09:59 AM
mervt198
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Shade Valley, 7 miles east of Sturgis. Great facilities, clean, somewhat quieter. Shuttle bus into Sturgis. Nice setup for Rv's.

Old 06-11-2009, 10:50 AM
Fast FLHX
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cropsure
We are trying the "Rush No More" campground this year. It will be our first time taking a 5th wheel so I hope it works out. The website looks nice anyway. Guess we will see!

I'm headed to the same campground. Going to be there with a 2004 Blue Jeep Grand Cherokee tent camping.

Old 06-11-2009, 11:27 AM
1cerberus4u
Cruiser

Well, looks like we will be at Kathmandu, so come on over and look us up. As we have never been, the girls are organizing our ride schedule (somewhere different everday), so if any members here wants to tag along, we'd love to have ya! Im not sure what trailer we will bring, but well be in a white Renegade Toterhome.

Look for the pool out front with the bikini chics in it.......

and a rat rod EGS, nightster etc....

Old 06-11-2009, 11:28 AM
cropsure
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Fast FLHX
I'm headed to the same campground. Going to be there with a 2004 Blue Jeep Grand Cherokee tent camping.

We will be in a white ford with a 40 foot Raptor. Maybe we will see each other there.

Old 06-11-2009, 11:38 AM
Fast FLHX
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cropsure
We will be in a white ford with a 40 foot Raptor. Maybe we will see each other there.
Sounds good, this is going to be my first time. Riding in on the SG from Milwaukee with the camp gear in the Jeep.

Looking forward to it.

I'm told this is a fairly relaxing campground yet still close to the action.

Last edited by Fast FLHX; 06-11-2009 at 11:40 AM.

Quick Reply: Sturgis RV info