Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"short" Detachable Passenger backrest - trade for "standard"?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 10:16 PM
chicagoavatar
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "short" Detachable Passenger backrest - trade for "standard"?

I've got the "short" detachable passenger backrest/sissy bar (pad included) and would like to change to the "standard" so I can add the detachable luggage rack. The short one looks great (works nice to...according to my passenger) and is in like new condition.

Anyone out there care to trade? Mine is part number 52935-04 and I'm looking for part number 52933-97B.

Thanks,

Frank

Old 06-07-2009, 11:04 PM
Jeepin79
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I live in the Chicago burbs and might be interested in trading my standard backrest. What year is your bike and what model bike is it? Mine is on an 09 Street Glide.

Old 06-07-2009, 11:24 PM
chicagoavatar
Novice

Originally Posted by Jeepin79
I live in the Chicago burbs and might be interested in trading my standard backrest. What year is your bike and what model bike is it? Mine is on an 09 Street Glide.
My bike is an '04 Road King Custom....however I believe the backrests/sissy bars will work on any of the touring models ('00 and up)....provided they have the mounting hardware installed. Check out Harley's website for details on the part numbers. If you are interested in trading I can email you pics of the backrest and pad I have (it's in like new condition).

Thanks,

Frank

Old 06-08-2009, 01:30 PM
chicagoavatar
Novice

Bump! ...(hope that's ok and allowed here)

Old 06-08-2009, 02:59 PM
Jeepin79
Road Master

Originally Posted by chicagoavatar
My bike is an '04 Road King Custom....however I believe the backrests/sissy bars will work on any of the touring models ('00 and up)....provided they have the mounting hardware installed. Check out Harley's website for details on the part numbers. If you are interested in trading I can email you pics of the backrest and pad I have (it's in like new condition).

Thanks,

Frank
Sorry Frank, I dont believe it will work. My 09 has a totally different mounting system than the previous years. My neighbor has an 06 Street Glide and his is totally different than mine also. I love my 09 but it does not seem to "play well" with any older parts.

Old 06-08-2009, 03:03 PM
Road Ranger
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by chicagoavatar
I've got the "short" detachable passenger backrest/sissy bar (pad included) and would like to change to the "standard" so I can add the detachable luggage rack. The short one looks great (works nice to...according to my passenger) and is in like new condition.

Anyone out there care to trade? Mine is part number 52935-04 and I'm looking for part number 52933-97B.

Thanks,

Frank
If your interested I have what your looking for including the luggage rack. I'm not really interested in the short one, but maybe we can work something out. If interested PM me.

Old 06-08-2009, 06:00 PM
chicagoavatar
Novice

Originally Posted by Jeepin79
Sorry Frank, I dont believe it will work. My 09 has a totally different mounting system than the previous years. My neighbor has an 06 Street Glide and his is totally different than mine also. I love my 09 but it does not seem to "play well" with any older parts.
no problem...strange they changed the mounting system but that is one sweet bike so I guess you can't really complain!

Old 06-09-2009, 06:11 PM
chicagoavatar
Novice

Looks like I've found a setup that is going to work for me. Thanks for all the help, if anything changes I will update this thread. Can't freakin' wait to get this thing out on a roadtrip!