Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuning Opinions

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 06:29 AM
DamnYankee
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tuning Opinions

I've got an 09' Ultra, MOnster Ovals, and a ness big sucker (not installed yet). I know a tech at the local dealer and he told me he would load a modified stage 1 map and I would be more than happy (I do trust him). I do not plan on making further modifications, just ride the thing.

What are your opinions? Map it, PVC, or something else. I appreciate your feedback.

Damn Yankee

Old 06-07-2009, 07:17 AM
EdwardK
Road Warrior
Received 306 Likes on 226 Posts

You'll get more out of dyno tune by a good tuner that knows what he's doing than any canned map. Every bike is a little different and can only be "dialed in" on a dyno.

Having said that, I put 45,000 miles on my last bike with a stage one map. Ran great, got 50 miles to the gallon and never gave me any problem. I was happy with it.

But having spent too much time reading this forum, I realized I was happy in my ignorance. Had to spend the money on the sert and dyno tune on my current bike and am even happier.

Either way will work just fine. Your just going to have to make a decision on how much you want to spend.

Old 06-07-2009, 07:38 AM
DamnYankee
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks EdwardK. I think I too would be happy with Stage 1, and 50mpg, until of course,.... I think I'm riding my bar hopper and get spanked. I have to remember the purpose of buying the geezer glide and realize the hot rod is in the garage. After your SERT and Dyno run, what MPG did you end up with?

Old 06-07-2009, 08:06 AM
EdwardK
Road Warrior
Received 306 Likes on 226 Posts

Originally Posted by DamnYankee
Thanks EdwardK. I think I too would be happy with Stage 1, and 50mpg, until of course,.... I think I'm riding my bar hopper and get spanked. I have to remember the purpose of buying the geezer glide and realize the hot rod is in the garage. After your SERT and Dyno run, what MPG did you end up with?
I average between 43 to 44. Most of my riding is on the freeway commuting. This is on a Road King, The 50 was on a Nighttrain so the lighter bike helped with the mileage too but it ran fine with a Stage 1 download.

Old 06-07-2009, 05:46 PM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

i like the pcv myself, the cheapest way is through fuelmoto, and they stand behind their product. they come from them, pre mapped, and for around three hundred. great improvement, and if you need that little extra, they can be dynoed if you like. i am happy with the way my 08 sg runs, hauls *** now with the fuel ratio being right. not gonna spend the extra dough for dyno for now anyway. great guys to deal with too. they are the sponsor of the touring section in this forum too.