Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Windshield bags

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2009, 10:17 PM
machpilot
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Windshield bags

does anyone make a windshield bag?...im looking for one for my stock roadking windshield. I dont like riding with the windshield on during the rain....so i figure if i had a bag i could put it in the bag and strap it to the nelson rig and drive on....

Old 06-08-2009, 08:07 AM
mainshaft
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't know about the bag question but you take off your windshield in the rain?????

Old 06-08-2009, 08:25 AM
Hog Yild
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you don't like your windshield in the rain, is it because you are trying to look thru it and thru whatever eyeware or faceshield you are wearing?

I for one, can not see thru my windshield and my face shield in the rain, I look over the windshield and all is fine. The windshield height should be set where you just see over it.

By faceshield, we wear half helmets and I carry some snap-on, lift up face shields in one of the saddle bags with the rain gear.

Old 06-08-2009, 11:24 AM
mainshaft
Road Warrior

+1 one on that, i look right over the top of it.

Old 06-08-2009, 01:06 PM
Rock4gzus
Cruiser

Originally Posted by machpilot
does anyone make a windshield bag?...im looking for one for my stock roadking windshield. I dont like riding with the windshield on during the rain....so i figure if i had a bag i could put it in the bag and strap it to the nelson rig and drive on....
A heavy duty cordura nylon bag, made by HD specifically for the Roadking windshield, was given to me about three years ago. It is black with an embroidered bar and shield, a two way, zipper and double handle. It is large enough to easily accomodate an attached windshield bag. It works very well and is one of those "extra" items that I would never have bought for myself ... until I used one.

Old 06-08-2009, 02:40 PM
machpilot
Road Captain

sure do and i do look over it slightly...but the fact it gets water all over it kinda messes with my vision....eyes wear doesnt bother me, i wear 7 eye and i never had issues....but in sevear rain...i hate riding with a windshield....

Originally Posted by mainshaft
Don't know about the bag question but you take off your windshield in the rain?????

Old 06-08-2009, 02:42 PM
machpilot
Road Captain

all i could find is a cotton one from HD,

Originally Posted by Rock4gzus
A heavy duty cordura nylon bag, made by HD specifically for the Roadking windshield, was given to me about three years ago. It is black with an embroidered bar and shield, a two way, zipper and double handle. It is large enough to easily accomodate an attached windshield bag. It works very well and is one of those "extra" items that I would never have bought for myself ... until I used one.

Old 06-09-2009, 01:14 AM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

hmm, riding in the rain with a perfectly good windshield in the bag. oh well. if i'm getting pelted with rain, i tuck down behind the rain, find a coffee shop or diner till the rain is done. and on a ride, i always watch the sky, it'll let you know if you're gonna get douched, and divert your trip around the storm. works for me.

Old 06-11-2009, 02:32 PM
machpilot
Road Captain

stopping is a great idea when you can....however...sometimes its not feasible...getting pelted by rain doesnt bother me...i have good rain gear...its all about vision....

Originally Posted by emwolb
hmm, riding in the rain with a perfectly good windshield in the bag. oh well. if i'm getting pelted with rain, i tuck down behind the rain, find a coffee shop or diner till the rain is done. and on a ride, i always watch the sky, it'll let you know if you're gonna get douched, and divert your trip around the storm. works for me.

Old 06-11-2009, 04:29 PM
danmo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

On the rare occasion I have my shield on, I look through it. I love it in the rain, you can duck down and keep going.

Quick Reply: Windshield bags