Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EZ- Up center stand Bike on grounf WTF

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2009, 09:48 PM
prestaino
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default EZ- Up center stand Bike on grounf WTF

Love my center stand but last week just before leaving for a trip to West Virginia I put the 2007 Electra Glide Standard on the center stand and started it to warm up. Turned around and bike was on side leaning against car !!! WTF..... tried to recreate it? Don't know if ground was uneven or not, I don't think so.....Luckily no scratches etc... Any one have this happen ? Is it a no no to do this . Shaking from the engine? Any input appreciated

Old 06-06-2009, 09:55 PM
TheShrink
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have let mine idle on the stand many times with no issues. The most critical thing is to always park with the front tire up, even if you don't have a center stand. I always leave my jiffy stand down as a backup too.

Old 06-06-2009, 10:00 PM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 710 Likes on 353 Posts

Mine went sideways off the centerstand once but it's because I was doing something stupid. Never had my bike running on the stand though.

Old 06-06-2009, 10:55 PM
lolife
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Will someone post a pic of one in the up position.....I have never seen one.....

Old 06-06-2009, 10:57 PM
EricD10563
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 73 Likes on 40 Posts

I've noticed that if it's easy to get on the stand then the surface might be uneven, my point is if it's easy up then it's going to be easy down. I can tell just by the amount of foot pressure it takes to get on if its secure or questionable.

Last edited by EricD10563; 06-12-2009 at 04:55 PM.
Old 06-06-2009, 11:28 PM
garyhendley
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow close call glad it was not major-ride safe

Old 06-06-2009, 11:35 PM
sifularson
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I have a wheeldock centerstand. Only time it ever started to roll off is when I had it parked facing a slight downhill. In my shop, I've never had an issue running it on the stand.

If you do a search, you will find a few guys who had the same problem as you. As a result of all this talk, I only use the stand on flat ground and then I always leave the bike in gear. The only time I run the bike on the centerstand is in my shop and then I always leave the jiffy stand down.

I GOT FROM THE OFFICIAL OWNERS GUIDE.

CAUTION: Never use your new center stand when parking on soft or uneven surfaces. If parking on an incline, make sure that the rear tire is on the downhill side so accidental roll-offs are avoided.

Old 06-07-2009, 08:05 PM
bmorebhoy
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by lolife
Will someone post a pic of one in the up position.....I have never seen one.....

Old 06-07-2009, 08:18 PM
tommyj
Cruiser

I have a Wheeldock and have yet had it fall but lots of guys have here on this site. I drilled a small hole thru the swivel part and on thru the backing plate and then cut a small screwdriver so when I'm messing with the bike and it's on the centerstand, I just insert the screwdrive thru the holes and then it can't roll off. Saves me a lot of wear and tear on my nerves. If that dern thing fell on my other toy (04 yellow Monte Carlo ss supercharged) I'd have a s%*t fit. Just my two cents worth..!!

Old 06-12-2009, 04:47 PM
RoadKingKamchi
Tourer

My bike went over to the left once before I learned how to use it... definitely do not want to go to fast with it on uneven surfaces. Living here in NJ, I have to take mine off... the roads are so bad that I need every inch of ground clearance. I LOVE this thing, and I will be sad to see it go. Someone on this forum will be getting one heck of a great deal! If anyone is interested in buying it from me... let me know before I have enough posts under my belt to get into the classified section. Thanks -

Andrew

Quick Reply: EZ- Up center stand Bike on grounf WTF