Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Riding the Dragon

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 03:59 PM
Road Ranger
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnScrip
Watch out for the rocket-riders...

(EDIT: For clarification, this was on a Monday, early afternoon, the week before Memorial day)

I don't want to seem like a whiny b*tch, but I was there a few weeks ago and some of those guys should be arrested. There was a group of them at a table near us complaining about their moving violations --

One guy was moaning about receiving his third "Reckless Driving" citation -

On the Dragon -

So far -

THAT DAY -

And it was only a little after noon.

The rest were showing their's off like they were souvenirs.

Around here, you get three moving violations and your license is suspended. I would imagine over there, you get a Christmas card for helping to support the local economic matrix. They'll whip around you at high speed, right in your lane on many occasions, cut you off, God help you if a car is coming around the corner (as was the case in my situation on a few different occasions where they suddenly had to brake due to oncoming traffic, nearly wiping me off the planet).

Took all the enjoyment right out of it.

I know a lot of people complain about the LEO population around there - Personally, I would've liked to have seen a lot more of them. These guys were just plain dangerous. I'm all for nature weeding out the stupid - But not at the expense of the reasonably responsible.

I could rant for hours about all the bad apples on such a short stretch of road.

That all said - It's certainly an experience. And once you go through it and get it out of your system, you can start enjoying all the other really nice roads. The Cherohala skyway, Blue Ridge Parkway, the Smoky Mountain National Park in general - Take your time, bring your camera, stop frequently for pictures. I didn't stop enough...

PHOTOS AND STUFF IF YOU'RE BORED
John -

Thanks for sharing along with the advice.