Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Motolights installed on Road Glide

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 09:30 PM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Motolights installed on Road Glide

My local Harley dealer has a 'discount run' once a year. Go to one of their stores pick a discount, go to another (any of 4) pick a 'multiplier' Multiply dioscount by multiplier and get that much off any purchases that day up to $500 discount. It is possible to get 100% (FREE STUFF) up to $500! This year I got 49%, so I bought some stuff including these nifty polished Motolights that I installed tonight. Installation was straight forward and took no more than an hour, including a call to Motolights for some questions. I must say their costomer service is good! They called me back at 7pm on a Friday evening! Anyway we are in the middle of some freaking monsoon, so I didn't get a chance to ride with them, but they sure look bright and I am a big believer in more lights = more attention (in traffic) not to mention night time safety.

Old 06-05-2009, 09:44 PM
Mick
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I've heard good things about Moto Lights and they look pretty slick on your bike.
I'm with you on the "can't have too much lighting" thing.
How do you feel about the quality of the product and the instructions that came with them?
Might be "next winter" project for me.
Mick

Old 06-05-2009, 09:46 PM
gilbos440rt
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice, have them on mine with the 50 watt bulbs, had to adjust them twice to get them where I like them, now when I hit my high's it's like the low beams are still on. Looks really good with your lowers too! Check your wrench they send you I had to mod mine a bit to make it fit easy

Here's some pic's of mine last Sat on the Dragon, got a lot of comments on the moto lights

http://www.photoreflect.com/PR3/Orde...=1&c=&a=595643

Last edited by gilbos440rt; 06-05-2009 at 09:50 PM.
Old 06-05-2009, 09:57 PM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member

Originally Posted by Mick
I've heard good things about Moto Lights and they look pretty slick on your bike.
I'm with you on the "can't have too much lighting" thing.
How do you feel about the quality of the product and the instructions that came with them?
Might be "next winter" project for me.
Mick
Quality IMO is excellent. They come prewired and all you have to do is mount the lights, run the harness from the seat to the lights and adjust them. Instructions were simple and easy to understand, and I am frequently mechanically challenged! A call to their 800 number after 6pm on a friday netted me a return call almost instantly! Although they make chrome, I opted for polished and they match my chrome front end very well. I was able to run the harness without removing anything but the seat!

Old 06-05-2009, 09:58 PM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member

Originally Posted by gilbos440rt
Nice, have them on mine with the 50 watt bulbs, had to adjust them twice to get them where I like them, now when I hit my high's it's like the low beams are still on. Looks really good with your lowers too! Check your wrench they send you I had to mod mine a bit to make it fit easy

Here's some pic's of mine last Sat on the Dragon, got a lot of comments on the moto lights

http://www.photoreflect.com/PR3/Orde...=1&c=&a=595643
Bobby,
That is a great shot on the dragon. I can see I'll probably get the 50 watt bulbs shortly as I just got the 35s when I ordered them. Got to get a level tomorrow and get outside and aim them, then I'm set.

Old 06-05-2009, 11:45 PM
1953riderforlife
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can they be installed to only come on when you hit the hi-beams?

Old 06-06-2009, 12:07 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Here's a link to Motolights installation, etc. on my '04--lots of pics:

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...ics-added.html

They come with a Harley-specific wiring harness that uses the accessory switch to control on/off. You could wire them differently, but doubt it would be worth the trouble--how hard is it to turn the accessory switch on/off after all?

Last edited by Harleypingman; 06-06-2009 at 10:32 PM.
Old 06-06-2009, 12:10 AM
dave7mm
Cruiser

Buddie of mine says I look like a car comming down the road.
Fine by me.
dave

Old 06-06-2009, 05:52 AM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member

Originally Posted by 1953riderforlife
Can they be installed to only come on when you hit the hi-beams?
Guess you could wire em anyway you want but the wiring that comes with them is oplug and play and simple and you can opt to run em with or without hi or low beams
Mike

Old 06-06-2009, 05:53 AM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member

YOUR bike LOOKS great!

Originally Posted by Harleypingman
Here's a link to Motolights installation, etc. on my '04--lot's of pics:

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...ics-added.html

They come with a Harley-specific wiring harness that uses the accessory switch to control on/off. You could wire them differently, but doubt it would be worth the trouble--how hard is it to turn the accessory switch on/off after all?

Quick Reply: New Motolights installed on Road Glide