Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any Recommended GPS Apps for iPhone 3G

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 11:32 AM
KoalaCowboy
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OS3.0 is due out sometime in the next 3 - 4 weeks. My guess is that it will be released near the end of June (prior to the July 4th holiday).

No official word on any of the Mac forums [yet].

Old 06-04-2009, 11:40 AM
JonnyD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Great we're leaving on the 27th for our 16 day ride. Is there a link to what the new OS will be, as for new features? Or is this a hush-hush thing?

Old 06-04-2009, 04:49 PM
flashhog
Intermediate

Link to what Apple has said officially about iPhone 3.0 OS.

http://www.apple.com/iphone/preview-iphone-os/

Old 06-04-2009, 05:46 PM
questor
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Turn it OFF and ride...

Old 06-04-2009, 10:15 PM
buckwheat
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Mounting the GPS mount in the temperature gauge opening?

After realizing that the iPhone wouldn't ever cut it as my GPS, I started trying to figure out the best place to mount my Garmin Nuvi 260W. The one thing I noticed was the round suction cup that I mount onto my car's windshield is almost the exact same size as the outside temperature gauge... Hmmm - I never really spend much time looking at that gauge anyway, wonder if anyone has ever used that as a mounting point for a GPS swivel ball mount? You wouldn't necessarily need to remove the temperature gauge. The Nuvi also includes a dash mount disc that almost fits right inside of that gauge opening. Anyone done anything like this in the past?

Old 06-04-2009, 10:43 PM
rhaneski
Cruiser

I got the iphone ram mount and it works well, but for gps I'd stick with a true gps. I have a garmin nuvi 550 mounted next to the iphone. The phone is there to so I can see if any one has called or texted me. Although having the local weather radar pulled up om a web site is something I tried tonite and it works well

Old 06-05-2009, 07:32 AM
buckwheat
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rhaneski
I got the iphone ram mount and it works well, but for gps I'd stick with a true gps. I have a garmin nuvi 550 mounted next to the iphone. The phone is there to so I can see if any one has called or texted me. Although having the local weather radar pulled up om a web site is something I tried tonite and it works well
Do you have a complete second RAM Mount installed for that GPS? Did you go with the same style mounting arm, etc? Just wondering if it might get a bit crowded (or if it would begin to block other gauges / speakers, etc.)

Have a picture you could share?

My wife looked at me with that "I don't want to see my GPS smashed into bits on the asphalt when it falls off your bike" kind of look. So I may just order a second one...

Thanks!

Old 06-06-2009, 08:50 AM
Dionicio
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by questor
Turn it OFF and ride...
+1, Don't mind getting lost for awhile. After all, as someone once said, Riding is about the journey, not the destination.

Old 06-06-2009, 10:32 AM
confused
Road Captain

Some RAM Mounts have two ball mounts, so maybe if you postioned the arm differently that could work. Some mounts also connect to brake bolts or lever bolts. Lots of different options from RAM

Old 06-06-2009, 11:20 AM
KopperTop
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well it ain't all sunshine, blue skies and primrose paths in my corner of the world. If you're riding in unfamiliar territory, there are some places you ought to stay away from. Places that make the hair on the back of your neck stand straight up. Places where you wish you were silent and invisible in rather than sitting atop a fire breathing chrome dragon. Places that make you feel fortunate to get out of alive. A GPS can keep you on this side of civilization and can always be turned OFF when you want to lose yourself in paradise.

Quick Reply: Any Recommended GPS Apps for iPhone 3G