Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quick Detach Bracket Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 08:33 AM
ictdog
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Quick Detach Bracket Question

When I bought my 2000 FLHTC, it did not have the Tour Pack with it (past owner eBayed it) but had a Quick Detach Backrest. I found a 2000 TP and bought, painted and put it back together all to find that the QD bracket that came on the TP does not match up. Same width of bracket but the black locking cogs were on the inside of the bracket, unlike the backrest QD bracket that has them on the outside of the bracket.

My question to the pro's here is this...can I make the TP bracket work somehow? (I removed the black locking cogs to find that the post appears to be bonded, but I am not sure if I can flip this stud to place the cogs on the outside of my TP bracket)

Second: if that cannot be done, what is this bracket for (so I can sell it and buy the proper one)...any ideas? (Seller said TP came off an EG but did not say the bracket was from another type of bike)???

Old 06-03-2009, 09:03 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

The detachable tour pak rack uses different docking hardware than your passenger backrest. Take a look at HD's website and you will see what you need for the tour pak's detachable rack mounting hardware.