Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stolen Power Commander?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 04:06 PM
GBeck
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hog95023
Buddy bought an SERT from HD the other day. The Tech told him that people are having the Power Commanders taken from their parked motorcycles.

How common of a problem is this? Have you, or do you know of anybody that has had one stolen from their bike. I tried the search function but didnt turn up any related topics.
I walked outside yesterday to find my bike had been replaced with an exact duplicate. Fortunately the PCIII was the original. Scared me there for a second, Dude!

Old 06-02-2009, 04:45 PM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Jinks
I'm not sure which is more depressing; The fact that dealer personnel will tell customers things like this, or the fact that there are people that believe them. Sad, just sad.
Not sure he believed them. If he wasn't skeptical he probably would not have posted the question here.

I have never had ANYTHING stolen off one of my bikes. Of course I don't live in California, but I have left my bike out overnight at motels in CA.

Old 06-02-2009, 05:22 PM
d2jlking
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow. Is it possible the dealer was just relaying a story. I mean....maybe he wasn't trying to scare him into buying the SE tuner. Sounds like lots of anger in the direction of the dealers.

Old 06-02-2009, 05:41 PM
hog95023
Elite HDF Member
Received 161 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by txfxstrider
Not sure he believed them. If he wasn't skeptical he probably would not have posted the question here.

I have never had ANYTHING stolen off one of my bikes. Of course I don't live in California, but I have left my bike out overnight at motels in CA.

I was there when the tech told my friend the theft scenario. I laughed when he told him the Sert was better because he could lock the part in his side bag so it wouldn't be taken. I even went to the point to tell him "because the thieves don't steal those huh".

I thought I'd check to see if anybody on this site knew of somebody getting a PC stolen. mine sits on top of my battery cover and seems the removal of one seat bolt would be pretty simple to get to as opposed to stealing both sets of hard bags.

Old 06-02-2009, 06:48 PM
ballpeen
Tourer

Not where I live, have not heard of anything like this.

Old 06-02-2009, 07:47 PM
Dalton
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by zoomie67
The dealers in my town (3 of them) will not even tune a bike with a Power Commander. They'll tell you that when you try to buy one. There is an Indy in town though that can tune a bike with a PC or SERT and do it better and cheaper than any of the stealers.
Oh ya, one of them charges 4 hrs minimum, which is freakin ridiculous.

OK, I'l bite - Why is this ridiculous???

A good dynotune can take all day but can easily take over four hours. My last tune , 6 hrs, 53 pulls on the dyno. ANyone worht their salt will take 4 hours or more if they tune every throttle position and load. If you get a two hour quicky tune, that is just what you got, a quicky - and they didnt even use any lubricant !

Old 06-02-2009, 08:46 PM
zoomie67
Tourer

Originally Posted by Dalton
OK, I'l bite - Why is this ridiculous???

A good dynotune can take all day but can easily take over four hours. My last tune , 6 hrs, 53 pulls on the dyno. ANyone worht their salt will take 4 hours or more if they tune every throttle position and load. If you get a two hour quicky tune, that is just what you got, a quicky - and they didnt even use any lubricant !
115hp/110tq out of a 98" motor and it doesn't ping a bit. Tune took four hours.

For a stage 1 tune 4 hours seems like an awfully long time.

Old 06-03-2009, 08:08 AM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by txfxstrider

So you think all the crackhead thieves live in CA? Statistically, most of them are in the MO area.