Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sert is it worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 06:54 PM
RYEDOGGRACING
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sert is it worth it?

I have a 2009 SG with SE touring non cat S/O with SE heavy breather and V&H fuel pak. The guy i use to drag race with has been dyno tuning for 20 years, crotch rockets and Harley's. He said he can do a SERT and DYNO TIME for a total of $400.00. Is this worth it?

Last edited by RYEDOGGRACING; 06-01-2009 at 09:02 PM.
Old 06-01-2009, 07:18 PM
sportyrider1
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

maybe. do you think you might ever change your setup, if so it may have to be dynoed again. imho it is more cost effective to buy a pcv from fuelmotousa keep your recept. if you make a change send a email to Jamie with your invoice no. and the new setup and he will send you a new map free of charge. kwick trip with the laptop, Done. unless you are trying to squeeze every last inch out of it with paper to prove it then it still can be dynoed.

Old 06-01-2009, 07:43 PM
sportyrider1
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

maybe. do you think you might ever change your setup, if so it may have to be dynoed again. imho it is more cost effective to buy a pcv from fuelmotousa keep your recept. if you make a change send a email to Jamie with your invoice no. and the new setup and he will send you a new map free of charge. kwick trip with the laptop, Done. unless you are trying to squeeze every last inch out of it with paper to prove it then it still can be dynoed.

Old 06-01-2009, 08:28 PM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 131 Posts

400 is kindve steep (at least in my area) for a SERT tune. The SERT is definately superior to the PCV, the tuner has allot more power with the SERT. The PCV MAPS that you get over the internet are tuned MAPS that were tuned from a specific bike. Even if they have a MAP that is the same or similar to your build it could be improved on with a dyno tune. If your buddy has been tuning crotch rockets that were fuel injected, he should be able to tell you the benefits of the SERT over the PCV. In my opinion, with the money we all sink into our bikes, why wouldn't you want it to run as best it can? If you settle for a MAP that isn't tuned to your specific bike, you could be missing out on a little. I have SERT MAPS that I have tuned from a heck of allot of bikes that would be no differn't than getting a pcv MAP from the internet and loading it in your PC.

Old 06-01-2009, 09:01 PM
RYEDOGGRACING
Cruiser

Its a sert and dyno tune sorry about that. Thanks Harley Tuner. Do you know of someplace cheaper? If so can you tell me. i am in Brookfield Ohio in between Cleveland and Pitts. I will travel. Thanks Tim.

Last edited by RYEDOGGRACING; 06-01-2009 at 09:05 PM.
Old 06-01-2009, 09:11 PM
Biggzed
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 320 Likes on 196 Posts

In my opinion the SERT is one of the best tuning tools on the market IF you have someone that is capable of tuning with it. As Harleytuner mentioned, it is a very powerful tool.

Zach

Old 06-01-2009, 09:12 PM
nocarb
Road Master
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by RYEDOGGRACING
I have a 2009 SG with SE touring non cat S/O with SE heavy breather and V&H fuel pak. The guy i use to drag race with has been dyno tuning for 20 years, crotch rockets and Harley's. He said he can do a SERT and DYNO TIME for a total of $400.00. Is this worth it?
I would go for it. SERT is $500 at dealer.
I am happy with my SERT and dyno tune. I would be even happier if I paid $400 for both.

Old 06-01-2009, 09:26 PM
WingNut55
Banned

I've been tuning bikes for 20 years also.. I love the SERT . No two bikes are the same. Don't be fooled by the " I'll send you a map crap".. $ 20,000.00 Bike.! Whats 250.00 to 400.00 to get it right. I see People spend $3,000.00 dollars on Wheels and Rotors $1,000.00 on Exhaust and then Bitch about 400.00 to actually make it run right, and preserve the longevity of there Bike. Ask around, and find a Tech that will take the time on your Bike and get YOUR BIKE tuned, Not some other bikes Map.. I'm also Impressed with Zippers Auto Tune.. Good Stuff there..

Old 06-01-2009, 09:36 PM
rambobob
Tourer

Originally Posted by RYEDOGGRACING
I uess it depends on how2 much dyno time.

Old 06-01-2009, 09:37 PM
rambobob
Tourer

Sorry , typing in the dark!

Quick Reply: Sert is it worth it?