Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sert is it worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 09:40 PM
captjon37
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thats a great price. I would never use a map that was tuned for another bike on my bike.

Old 06-01-2009, 09:51 PM
producer
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

SERT is worth it. 1) better performance 2) better gas mileage 3) fill in blank

Old 06-02-2009, 08:29 AM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 131 Posts

Its a sert and dyno tune sorry about that. Thanks Harley Tuner. Do you know of someplace cheaper? If so can you tell me. i am in Brookfield Ohio in between Cleveland and Pitts. I will travel. Thanks Tim.
I don't see how they can sell a SER and a dyno tune for 400. But if that's the case you should jump on it. The SERT alone is usually over 500 bucks. Make sure they are selling you a SERT and not a download. I'll pm you with some info.

Old 06-02-2009, 09:17 AM
Jason@ThunderCreekCustoms
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sportyrider1
maybe. do you think you might ever change your setup, if so it may have to be dynoed again. imho it is more cost effective to buy a pcv from fuelmotousa keep your recept. if you make a change send a email to Jamie with your invoice no. and the new setup and he will send you a new map free of charge. kwick trip with the laptop, Done. unless you are trying to squeeze every last inch out of it with paper to prove it then it still can be dynoed.
I agree, call Jamie at Fuel Moto and buy the PCV.

Old 06-02-2009, 09:28 AM
Our07Ultra
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nocarb
I would go for it. SERT is $500 at dealer.
I am happy with my SERT and dyno tune. I would be even happier if I paid $400 for both.
I have a SERT and could not be happier with it. I do not plan on any major changes for the next couple of years anyway. The bike runs top notch!
I also put on the SE/AC. What a huge difference these made.
I would do it again on another Harley in a second!!

Old 06-02-2009, 10:01 AM
Leftcoaster
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

The SERT is only better in the hands of a competent tuner. And they are few and far between. That's why so many use an aftermarket tuner such as the DynoJet - the number of good techs competent with a PCIII is far higher than the SERT (now known as SEPT). $400 is a great price but only if you're confident in your tune tech. If not by all means do some research and find a good tune tech and go with a unit that he recommends. There's nothing wrong with "canned" maps if your bike runs well with one but money spent on a custom map is usually money well spent.
I've always been disappointed in the MOCO for giving us a great tuning device (SERT) and then fumbling the ball when it comes to training competent tune techs. They sure left the door open for the aftermarket. Personally I run a PCIII with a custom map and so far have spent about half of what I would have with an SERT.

Old 06-02-2009, 10:02 AM
DET
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great Price for the SERT and the Tune.

Old 06-02-2009, 10:14 AM
vtwinbmx
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by RYEDOGGRACING
Its a sert and dyno tune sorry about that. Thanks Harley Tuner. Do you know of someplace cheaper? If so can you tell me. i am in Brookfield Ohio in between Cleveland and Pitts. I will travel. Thanks Tim.

See Jess at www.roederracing.com in Monroeville. He can sell you the TTS system and tune your Bike no problem. If you have a laptop you can tune it yourself using the TTS

Old 06-02-2009, 10:26 AM
EasternSP
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 24,705 Likes on 9,288 Posts

As I understand the difference, the SERT actually changes the ECM on the bike while the PCV adds onto what the onboard ECM is running the bike with. So its sorta like a two layer electronic function. I'm not really sure if that's good or bad, but once the tuning is done, the SERT comes off and you keep it in your tool box.

Old 06-02-2009, 11:18 AM
pounder35
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by WingNut55
I've been tuning bikes for 20 years also.. I love the SERT . No two bikes are the same. Don't be fooled by the " I'll send you a map crap".. $ 20,000.00 Bike.! Whats 250.00 to 400.00 to get it right. I see People spend $3,000.00 dollars on Wheels and Rotors $1,000.00 on Exhaust and then Bitch about 400.00 to actually make it run right, and preserve the longevity of there Bike. Ask around, and find a Tech that will take the time on your Bike and get YOUR BIKE tuned, Not some other bikes Map.. I'm also Impressed with Zippers Auto Tune.. Good Stuff there..
you couldn't have said it any better

Quick Reply: Sert is it worth it?