Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What to do with Guardian Bell

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 11:25 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,167 Likes on 3,676 Posts

Keep it as a reminder....get somebody to give you a new one though.

Old 06-01-2009, 11:27 AM
frontiercat
Elite HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts

Left mine on the old bike. Kind of feel like it is for the bike and not necessarily me.

I am not that superstitious, but my daughter bought the last one for me.

I still walk under ladders, have black cats cross my path, and open umbrellas in the building...13th floor doesn't bother me either.

My latest girlfriend was looking to buy one for the new bike, but hasn't got around to it yet....

Old 06-01-2009, 11:39 AM
jdreed520
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would just put it on the shelf...and have somebody get you a new one....I think the power is all used up in that one......JMO

Old 06-01-2009, 11:52 AM
Bobzilla
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by soos
If you totaled your scoot and you walked away from the accident, I would definately hang the old bell on the new scoot. It did its job, you are still here with us.

+1 dammm gremlins

Old 06-01-2009, 11:56 AM
Chips
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HogFather
I am recently recovering from a serious accident where the bike was totalled. So to help my mind I have engaged in a new bike purchase. My question is I obtained the guardian bell from the old bike. Do I reuse it? Or does one get another and use it? What is the proper guardian bell protocol? Thanks.
toss it!

and I wouldn't accept another.

Old 06-01-2009, 12:54 PM
2K1FLHPI
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Put the old bell on the new bike.

Old 06-01-2009, 12:59 PM
DrPlastic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

Reusing an old bell from a bike involved in a wreck is just bad mojo, juju, karma whatever you want to call it! No more good luck in that one!

Old 06-01-2009, 01:08 PM
PoorBoy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by DrPlastic
Reusing an old bell from a bike involved in a wreck is just bad mojo, juju, karma whatever you want to call it! No more good luck in that one!

+1

You need to have someone give you a new bell. You last bell did its job, but now it is time for a new gremlin deterrent.

What are you looking at for your next bike? I hope it turns out at zero-dollars out of your pocket.

Best of luck!!

Old 06-01-2009, 01:14 PM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

i've gotten two bells for my harleys. one from each of two friends. and they tend to do their job quite well sitting on a shelf in my shop. thanks anyway, i just don't buy into the ritual, and guess i'm just not yuppie enough to have jewelry for my bike. i'm happy that some people are superstitious though, and i'm sure the bell makers like it.

Old 06-01-2009, 01:18 PM
NFFN
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Legend has it that Evil Road Spirits have been latching themselves on to motorcycles for as long as there have been bikes on the road. These Evil Road Spirits are responsible for mechanical problems and bad luck along a journey.

Legend goes on to say that by attaching a small bell onto your bike, the Evil Road Spirits will become trapped inside the bell where the constant ringing drives them insane, making them lose their grip until they fall to the ground. (Ever wonder where potholes come from?)

Legend also has it that the mystery of the Guardian™ Bell carries twice as much power when it is purchased by a friend or loved one and given as a gift.

www.guardianbell.com
I would NOT reuse the old bell

Quick Reply: What to do with Guardian Bell