Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

which seat for my roadking

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 08:49 PM
reservecop
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which seat for my roadking

the wife and i did a 355 mile trip today on our 05 flhri. the stock seat was a killer. this was our longest trip yet and it was awesome but we both have decided that we need a better seat for future long trips. i would like some input on seats others like. which one should i look at?

Old 05-31-2009, 08:57 PM
Whiskers
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 46 Posts

You should be proud of yourselves to have done 355 on that seat...the best I could do was 75. There are lots of options out there but I'll give you my opinion on two that'll come up;

1. HD Sundowner Touring seat: sits me low in the bike, moves me just slightly back and overall is a very comfortable seat. One drawback I've just noted with the Sundowner is that the seat pan rubs on the rear fender...which eventually will eat into the clearcoat. Maybe this was just my seat, but you ought to know what it's done to my paint. Reasonably priced through your dealer.

2. Mustang 2-piece touring: An excellent seat, very comfortable and sits me higher than the HD Sundowner. I like the ability to run this as a solo or two-up. The best part of this seat is that it has a drivers backrest which I have really come to like...and need to support my lower back. Much more expensive (because of the drivers back rest) than the HD Sundowner...but Mustang has an excellent customer satisfaction policy.

My wife was miserable with the stock seat...we won't ever use it again. She's much happier with the Sundowner and Mustang.

Good luck.

Old 05-31-2009, 09:00 PM
HDRider2002
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

The "which seat is best" question is about as difficult to answer as "which bars should i get". Unfortunately its totally dependant on the person. Even worse, you never know until you are 300 miles down the road. They all feel somewhat comfortable at first, its down the road that gets ya. My personal preference of all the seats i've had is the HD Pillow Look seat.

Old 05-31-2009, 09:02 PM
max56
Road Warrior
Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

There are a lot of options for you. For starters, you can keep that stock seat and just have it reworked by Mean City. A lot of satisfied customers. Here's a recent thread:
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...mean-city.html

If you don't want to go that route, there's alway the standard Corbin or Mustang route. Corbin's are really firm but comfortable for the long haul. Mustangs are initially much more plush but there's another thread a few pages back where a guy is putting his Mustang solo seat up for sale because it's too soft. God made everybodys butt different. They come from the factory broken...cracks and holes. You just have to find out what works best for you.

Old 05-31-2009, 09:02 PM
EdwardK
Road Warrior
Received 306 Likes on 226 Posts

Mustang one piece touring with backrest.