Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I gave up on my Mustang solo.....

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 06:48 PM
TooEasy
Road Captain
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Default I gave up on my Mustang solo.....

I bought a Mustang solo with the backrest, and the thing is a piece of art (look in my gallery) but I couldn't tolerate it being so soft...!!! So, after less than 200 miles, the Mustang is off and the OEM ugly monster is back on.
Its going on the chopping block.
Advantages:

1. Looks like a million bucks. I think it is the best looking solo out there.
2. It moved me down about an inch in relation to the OEM
3. it is narrow in front, so you can actually plant both feet on the ground not being spreadeagled
4. The backrest is awesome, adjustable on the fly, just by turning a thumb screw.

Disadvantages:

1. Its too soft...!!!!

So I thought about taking it apart and putting a piece of plywood in between the base and the foam, but it wouldn't look good, lol. Just kidding.
Its just to bad that my butt didn't get along with it. It wil be in the for sale section.

Old 06-01-2009, 05:41 AM
timvan
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

too soft?? thats odd! mine is much more supportive than the stocker

Old 06-01-2009, 07:04 AM
TooEasy
Road Captain
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Gave up on my Mustang

It is. Now I am debating on whether to go with a Corbin or keep the OEM monster. I also have a seat from a FLHX and even that one is more firm and comfortable than the Mustang.
I went on a PGR mission about 60 miles from my house, and on the way back I was looking for relief from the Mustang, I am going on another mission today, but with the OEM, lol

Old 06-01-2009, 07:16 AM
aframe2
Cruiser
Default Mustang Solo

I have the Corbin Solo with a backrest. It is hard as a rock, but surprisingly very comfortable.

Attached Thumbnails I gave up on my Mustang solo.....-roadking-march-19-007.jpg   I gave up on my Mustang solo.....-madison-002.jpg   I gave up on my Mustang solo.....-lex-2.jpg   I gave up on my Mustang solo.....-new-resize.jpg  
Old 06-01-2009, 08:23 AM
georgemcghee
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

200 miles is no test i've got over 12k on mine and love it. you haven't even broke it in yet. you have to give it time to form to you and settle in.

Old 06-01-2009, 08:36 AM
Bobzilla
Road Captain

just athought but maybee mean city cycle could firm it up for you he is a seat master and a forum sponsor

Old 06-01-2009, 08:40 AM
RDM
Road Master

Give the Mustang a little time. I just put a Mustang solo with backrest on my 09 after having one on my 07. It takes a little time to break the seat in. When I put it on the 07 and took it for the first ride I thought I really screwed up picking that seat. The seat felt soft and the outer edges were very firm and hurt the backs of my legs when stopped. After 1000 miles the seat was broken in and I liked it so much I just put one on my 09. The 09 solo didn't feel great at first but now that I'm getting some miles on it the feel and comfort is starting to come in and it's going to be great for nice long days.

Old 06-01-2009, 09:15 AM
Pumba11
Elite HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by TooEasy
It is. Now I am debating on whether to go with a Corbin or keep the OEM monster.
I'm with Easy on that the Mustang is too soft. Felt to me like it squished down and my tailbone was bouncing on the seat pan.

I ride Corbin dualtourer now and absolutely love it. Good support without bottoming out. I'm a bigger guy (275) and the Corbin was the answer for me.

Old 06-01-2009, 09:25 AM
keltonkrew
Road Master

I have the exact same seat and love it compared to stocker...don't have the backrest. that's my next purchase!

Old 06-01-2009, 10:31 AM
kwb377
Tourer

Originally Posted by timvan
too soft?? thats odd! mine is much more supportive than the stocker
Same here...my Mustang has no "give", but is 1000% more comfortable than the stocker and Sundowner seats for me.

Quick Reply: I gave up on my Mustang solo.....